Blazor webassembly

Hi,
We currently have a number of large projects in Unigui accessing Firebird directly on the server.
We are considering migrating our projects to c# webassembly because of scaling issues we are facing.

My question: is there support for Data Abstract in web assembly projects?
We would like to go in the direction of:

• Data Abstract on the server
  • c# web assembly using DevExpress Blazor components
  • Dat Abstract in web assembly for the communication with the server

So 2 important points:

1. Is there native support for web assembly
  2. If there is, can the native implementation be used with third party controls like DevExpress

I’m completely new to this technology.

Thank you,
Bernaert Dominique

1 Like

Hello

Is is currently in the preview phase: Data Abstract and Blazor

We plan to review and publish it during the next few weeks.

Data Abstract exposes either standard object collections or IQueryable data providers. So they should work, however you need to retest it on the concrete component you need to use.

Regards

I saw the word “uniGui”

And may I ask your experience and opinion about it? It sounds like you plan to use WASM/Blazor-based solution to replace it? Or you are going to mix uniGui with Blazor/WASM?

Thank you.

Hi, sure.

We have some large applications running on Unigui in combination with Firebird.
You can find some information about it on https://www.wavedesk.be and 2 initial instruction videos here: Training videos : WAVEDESK CREDIT.

It works well, but it has a large overhead as everything is running on the server.
We currently have around 200 concurrent users working on our VPS hosted in a datacenter.
We are expanding fast and each session has an overhead over several megabytes.

That and the fact that you are limited to the components provided by Unigui if you do not wish to create javascript wrappers yourself makes us think about a migration to web assembly and then completely.
There are a lot of third party components available for blazor and it is growing every day.

We had very good experiences with Data abstract a few years ago so I’m looking at the path of a migration to blazor with Data abstract for the data part.

Grtz.
Dominique

1 Like

Thank you for the info. It is very useful for me.