Can we use same Remobjects SDK service for Binary and JSON message support

Hi,

We are using Remobjects SDK in legacy project and recently we upgraded our project from Delphi 7 to Delphi Tokyo.

We are using Binary message for data transfer from client to server and vice versa. But now we are planning to use same Remobject service, methods and rodl file for JSON message support so that any client type like JavaScript or mobile clients can communicate with the RemObjects service.

Is it possible to use the same Remobjects SDK service and methods for Binary message and JSON message support with out much changes. If so how?

if any example would be great.

Please help me.

Thanks
Jitendra

Just add the messages components you plan to use and link the path to your server.

HTH

So you mean, I will add both TROBinaryMessage and TROJSONmessage component to the Service modules.

If we add both then how RODL file will generate Delphi files.

Or Do we need to declare 2 service methods like one will accept BInary message and other will accept JSON message.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

RODL files have nothing related to the kind of message you use. I suggest you check concepts topic on RemObjects SDK documentation.

No. The method call from the client don’t care what message type are you using . Always call the same method.

HTH

just drop JsonMessage and register it:

that is all.