Cannot compile simple example using 6.5.0.1287 (VS2022)

Hello,

Having upgraded to 6.5.0.1287 on VISUAL Studio 2022, I can no longer build my project and in fact even a simple Winforms project does not seem to compile.

I created a new Winforms project and dropped a module manager on the main form. Then trying just declaring something of type PluginDescriptor gives the following:

The type ‘PluginDescriptor’ exists in both ‘RemObjects.Hydra.Host, Version=6.5.0.1287, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3df3cad1b7aa5098’ and 'RemObjects.Hydra, Version=6.5.0.1287, Culture=neutral,

However I need both references. Do I need to separate the form with the module manager from any code referencing RemObjects? I didn’t before.

Regards,

Rob H

Rob,

You need two references to the same .dll (i assume one is the one we skip (PublicKeyToken=3df3cad1b7aa5098), and one is one you built yourself? I don’t see how that would work; why do you think you need thi=s?

Thanks for the quick reply - no they are two different dlls, RemObjects.Hydra.Host and RemObjects.Hydra.

Oh. misread! that does sound like a bug! i’ll have this looked at, thanx!

1 Like

Logged as bugs://H1020.

I’ll have a new build with a potential fix with you later today.

RemObjects Hydra - 6.5.0.1288.exe is up for you, and should fix the issue :crossed_fingers:t3:

@mh Thanks very much for the quick turnaround. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Happy to hear!