Cannot connect to Remote Server

Hi (again),
Hopfully this is the last issue I will be requesting assistance for on quite a while as I have been using ROSDK for years and have not encountered this before. My Client (Firemonkey framework / on Win32) app using a TROIndyHttpChannel and my server uses a and a TROIndyHttpServer.

When I run the service/app on my local lan everything works perfectly. The problem is that when I move the server to a VPS running windows 2008 server, I cannot communicate. I also tried deploying it to a second VPS where I have existing services running and also an Azure VM, opening the relevant end points.

Firewall, obvious problem. However, I completely disabled the firewalls on all 3 servers, disabled it here in my office on Bitdefender, disabled it on my router. I even tried another local computer here, and a Hyper-V VM. I have tried just about everything I know off.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit, with automatic updates turned on. The reason I mention auto updates is that I had a call from a customer today where there computer cannot connect to their database server, it behaves as though there is a firewall blocking it. I am not sure if this is down to a Windows update or something else.

Lastly, my client app is written using Delphi Berlin, Indy 10. My server app is a VCL app written using Delphi Seattle, also Indy 10. But they revision number of Indy seems to be different between the 2 compilers.

I have used HTTP debugger pro to try and see what is happening. When I look at the message being sent, it says that the error is ‘connection failed’, but it lists the url in the connection details as ‘connection failed’. It also says that the Total Size, Content size is zero.

I can send images of everything if required.

Have you any ideas as what might be happening or any other such reports regarding Windows update?

Thanks.
Robert.

we have no reports about such or similar problems.
try to change channel / server from Indy-based to others one, like Synapse-based (TROIpHttpServer/ЕROSynapseHTTPChannel) or WinAPI-based (TROWinHttpServer/TROWinInetHttpChannel).

these channels are interchangeable so you can easily replace them.

try to get RODL or docs from server, you can use these links: http://<your_server>:<your_port>/rodl , http://<your_server>:<your_port>/doc
if you can receive this info successfully, firewall issue isn’t present.

another possible workaround - change port (8099 is default one) to another

Hi, Just letting you know that this issue has been resolved. It was nothing to do with Firewalls etc…, our ISP had to specifically open the ports as part of the VPS setup (which is outside the scope of the operating system), once they did this everything ran without a hitch. It seems that this is standard operation on a plesk control panel VPS.