Cannot create new .NET Windows Forms Application, Designer crash

Hello RemObjects

I recently downloaded Current stable build 10.0.0.2249 and installed along with Visual Studio 2017, 2015 and 2013. So I tried to create .net windows form project, and designers failed to load or crashed. Whether VS 2017 community or Enterprise or Other editions of Visual Studio 2015 or 2013, returned the same designer crash while project is being created. Unfortunately cannot recover the project from the crashed designer.

I don’t understand, why it still beta products shown on welcome splash window in stable release?

Thank you.

Hello Kosta,
Thank you for the report. It is a know issue, and it was fixed previous week. The Friday beta (10.0.0.2253) should contain the fix. Please, let us know, if you still have any problems with it in the last build.

Best regards.

Thank you for the reply.
I will definitely try, once that build will be available to download.

What is the “Whater”? Is it IDE replacement for Visual Studio? When or will it be available for Windows?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Water is a Windows ide yes. It’s already available for beta users and should be released soon. Do note that water will not include a winforms designer.

Thanks Carlo,

As far as I understand, Visual Studio is the “Water” replacement?. If it is the case, how to port the .NET Windows Forms Application Projects into the Water IDE?
Unfortunately I don’t have an access to Beta builds.
Is there any Online Tutorials, Demonstrations, Resources, stating for how to work with new Water IDE?.
At least to have an idea What is the Water?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Not at this stage, as it’s not officially done and out. but it all nee very similar to Fire (see Fire & Water and Fire: Your place to cook up great apps | RemObjects Software), except for Windows).

You can read more about water at Water : Your Windows IDE for Elements | RemObjects Software and A First Peek at Water, our New IDE for Windows.

yours,
marc

Hi Marc, thank you for your reply.

Seems like this information if helpful, but I’ve seen that Fire or Water supports Oxygene, RemObjects C#, Silver, etc., but its maybe my mistake, I haven’t notices some Visual Designers for XAML or so.
I see codes only on preview images.

Just in few words, I hope I’m correct here; Does the “Water” or “Fire” include Visual Components in the Projects e.g. Buttons, CheckBoxes, TextBoxes and so on.

Thank Marc.
Best regards.

I’m a little confused. The OP seems to be reporting a problem with the WinForms designer in the beta Water IDE. But Carlo says it won’t include a WinForms designer. Can you clarify?

Paul,

as I read it, the original post was about Visual Studio, not Water?

OH! DUH. LOL.

I found this thread specifically searching for WinForms and Water, and it was discussed in the thread and I guess I just didn’t even really read the OP.

So, bottom line is, I gather from this thread that Water won’t have WinForms designer. I still do WinForms, so, I was hoping it would.

WinForm designers were crashing in .2249 build,; RO fixed in the next released build 2255 Thanks.
But in .2265 there is an issue with regional language, changes to French UI of Visual Studio 2017 by default.

Thanks.