Can't create new project - DA, VS2017, Oxygene

I get the following error when trying to create a new DA/Oxygene/WinForms project in VS2017:

Microsfot Visual Studio
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less thatn 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
OK

Creating just an Oxygene WinForms project from template works fine, but when I choose the RO/Oxygene/DA/WinForms template I get the above error before any files are created in the project folder.

I get past the first screen where VS asks for the project name and directory. I then choose “Client and a New Custom Data Abstract Server” from the second screen. On the third screen I use “Build Connection String” to set up things for my test sqlite database. Using the “Test Connection” and “OK” buttons work fine.I hit “Next” on the Database Connection screen. The third screen (Create server Schema" shows my SQLite tables, I hit “Next”. The fourth screen (Final Setup) has some more DA settings - I just leave the defaults and hit “Finish”. The error I gave above shows up immediately.

More details:
The project/solution top level folder is created by VS before the error (WinFormsApplicaton1 in this case)
The project/solution base folder is c:\temp\app
VS2017 version 15.8.2
Elements version 10.0.0.2321 (Trial) - same error in 2317
Data Abstract version 9.4.109.1377 (Trial)
Window version 7

I’m trying to create a DA new custom server project so I can then bring it over into Water to work on it.

Thanks in advance for any/all help

Hello

This error usually means that VS 2017 installation path is too long.
Could you say full path to your VS 2017 installation (i.e. the full name of the file your Visual Studio 2017 link points to)?

Hi antonk,

Thanks for giving me a hand.

My vs2017 shortcut says this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

Hello

Unfortunately we weren’t able to reproduce the issue (and nothing similar was ever reported).
I have created a server project for you that you can customize later:appServer.zip (50.2 KB)

Sorry for the inconvenience

Hi antonk,

Thanks. That looks like it will get me started. Do you happen to also have a ‘blank’ client application too?

Thanks

There are 2 different kinds of data access - via DataSet/DataTable or via LINQ queries. Which one of these two do you need?

The LINQ version would be great!

Here it is:app.zip (71.3 KB)