CodeFirst and Client-Side interfaces - Generates only one interface file

Hi

please, can you make a small example for the rodl2code to write the name of the file with the name of the service?

I’ve tried a few things here following your suggestion but it’s not working.

Regards.

Unfortunately rodl2code doesn’t allow to customize output file name. This file name always matches either RODL library name (when RODL is downloaded from a remote server by rodl2code itself) or RODL file name (when RODL is loaded from a local file).
Actually you can create a .cmd file that will call rodl2code with desired options and then immediately rename resulting file(s) as you need.

I can add an option to override the output folder.

OnCustomResponseEvent works only for unhandled requests so try to pass something unusual like http://localhost:8099/zzzzz?servicegroup=BINDER or similar

rodl2code will support this parameter in next build:

--outfilename:<name> (optional base filename for generated files, w/o extension)
1 Like

Hi,

when will this improvement be available? could you release a beta test for me?

Regards,

We’re actually doing a new official build right now that will be our later today, Build .1449.

okay I’ll be waiting.

Thanks

.1449 is out now. Enjoy!

Hello,

I’m trying to install this build (.1449) and I giving installation errors.

Also treid to compile the packages but many errors ocorrs too.

• Delphi version 10.2 (Tokyo)

Regards.

I see late this topic and I don’t know if you are using code first server or RODLs. I have a utility to read from an ini file a list of rodls and produce into files. Can this help you?

If this can be useful for any maybe can be shared on RemObjects GitHub ?

Just let my know.

Best regards

2 Likes

can you sent log.html/log.xml to support@, pls?

what errors were shown?

Attached

(Attachment log.html is missing)

log.xml (28.8 KB)

according to log file:

uHYLocalService.pas(39) Fatal: E2225 Never-build package ‘RemObjects_Server_D25’ must be recompiled

you should recompile RO packages in IDE manually before installing Hydra

It worked!! rodl2code generated output file is with service name!

I will continue with the my update.

Thank you very much

Smokoveck

1 Like

It seems that this thread has seen a good many different/unrelated issues being discussed. If the codeine works now, would it be ok if we close this and start a new thread for nay future issues? It makes it easier to keep track of than having everyone in one long threat…

That’s right! Combined.

1 Like

bugs://D18313 was closed as fixed.