Combo Service does not run as a service anymore

I have a Combo Service developed in earlier versions of Delphi (10.x). I am currently using 11.2 and
the latest Remote Objects. What ever the snapshot for the application was as of April 2022 -the application ran as a service. In the intervening months I had no reason to work on the application but there have been updates to Delphi and RemoteObjects - DataAbstract (and Windows10?). The current application runs as an ‘application’ no issue, but when it attempts to start as a service it times out. (If I use the April 2022 application the service starts up right away).
The only two clues I can provide are:

1. There is are messages in event log
    "A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the EMS Scheduler Server service to connect."and “The EMS Scheduler Server service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.” and “The EMS Scheduler Server service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.”
  2. I create a brand new combo server and right out of the compile - no extra code-, installed it as a service with the same behaviour…
    PLEASE ADVISE thanks

OK, :blush: A) I saw on my portal page a new version 1555, I was using 1541. The RemoteObjects splash screen I was relying on always said I was up to date!
With a recompile with 1555 I am back up and running as a service.
Was there a ‘bug’?
regards

Hi,

Application won’t work correctly as windows service in trial version.

is it possible that you have installed trial version or forgot to re-download your license after installing .1541?

I did not know that about licensing. .1541 was installed a while ago so I do not remember. In general I do know that the Service Tester prompts for the license the first time use after updating, as it did when I installed .1555.
rgds

Hi,

I think, up-to-date license solved this issue

Note that for the Delphi libraries, the trial mode is also “baked” into the .dcu files shipped with ther trial. Simply adding a license to an installed trial version will enable Service Builder & Co, but you’d still be linking against the trial libraries, if you insatylled the trrial versionn instyead of the “licenses”/full installer.

Hi,

Check C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK for Delphi\Source\ROVersion.inc file.

This file is shipped with full version of Remoting SDK only and contains the version number.
If it contains the latest version (i.e. 1555) - everything is ok.