Compile Sugar.sln on Fire/MacOSX

I was trying to compile Sugar project on MacOSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, since I need some frameworks to be added to my shared library project (Sugar.Data).

I’m using Xcode

macbookproloreto:sugar admin$ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 7.2
Build version 7C68

and the latest tvOS / watchOS / iOS SDKs.

I have some errors when building the project. It seems related to the WindowsPhone and WinRT targets:

Build FAILED.

Warnings:

/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data/Sugar.Data.Echoes.WP8.oxygene:  warning : Could not find project file /Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/WindowsPhone/v8.0/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WindowsPhone.targets, to import. Ignoring.
/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar/Sugar.Echoes.WP8.oxygene:  warning : Could not find project file /Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/WindowsPhone/v8.0/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WindowsPhone.targets, to import. Ignoring.

Errors:

/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.sln (Build) ->
(Build target) ->

/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar/Sugar.Echoes.WP8.oxygene: error : /Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar/Sugar.Echoes.WP8.oxygene: /Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar/Sugar.Echoes.WP8.oxygene could not import "$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/$(TargetFrameworkIdentifier)/$(TargetFrameworkVersion)/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.$(TargetFrameworkIdentifier).targets"

(Build target) ->
/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar/Sugar.Echoes.WinRT.oxygene (default targets) ->
/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WinRT.targets (_ValidateWinRT target) ->

/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WinRT.targets: error : Building for WinRT is currently only supported on Windows

2 Warning(s)
         2 Error(s)

So I have tried to disable those targets and I get some warnings

Warnings:

/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data/Sugar.Data.Echoes.WP8.oxygene:  warning : Could not find project file /Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/WindowsPhone/v8.0/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WindowsPhone.targets, to import. Ignoring.
/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar/Sugar.Echoes.WP8.oxygene:  warning : Could not find project file /Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/XbuildTargets/RemObjects Software/Oxygene/WindowsPhone/v8.0/RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WindowsPhone.targets, to import. Ignoring.

and the same errors seen before.

That’s as designed, the WP8 and WinRT toolchains from Microsoft don’t exist on Mono and Mac so those two versions can not be compiled. I’ll check why you got more than just the two clean “not supported on Mac” error messages — you should not be seeing the follow-up errors/warnings.

Hmm, i just get two clean errors:

/.../RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WindowsPhone.targets: error : Building for Windows Phone is currently only supported on Windows
/.../RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.WinRT.targets: error : Building for WinRT is currently only supported on Windows

as expected.

Thanks, so how I can do?

PS. In the meanwhile we were able to compile Sugar.Data.fx, Sugar.Data.a and sugar.data.jar through VisualStudio and Sugar project on Windows.

Just disable the projects? You wont be able to do WinRT or Windows Phone 8 work on Mac.

So I have disabled the four targets as here:

Then I get

Build FAILED.

Warnings:

Errors:

(Build target) ->
/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data/Sugar.Data.Cooper.oxygene (default targets) ->
/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets (PreBuildEvent target) ->

/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: error : Error executing tool 'sh': ApplicationName='sh', CommandLine='/tmp/tmp15256a1d.tmp ', CurrentDirectory='bin/Java/', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
        /Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: error : Command 'rmdir /s /q /Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data//Obj' exited with code: -1.

(Build target) ->
/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data/Sugar.Data.Cooper.Android.oxygene (default targets) ->
/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets (PreBuildEvent target) ->

/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: error : Error executing tool 'sh': ApplicationName='sh', CommandLine='/tmp/tmp62dbff2e.tmp ', CurrentDirectory='bin/Android/', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
        /Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: error : Command 'rmdir /s /q /Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data//Obj' exited with code: -1.

(Build target) ->
/Volumes/MacHDD2/Developmemt/MusiXmatch/3rdParty/sugar/Sugar.Data/Sugar.Data.Echoes.oxygene (default targets) ->

/Applications/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/Mono/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: error : Error executing tool 'sh': ApplicationName='sh', CommandLine='/tmp/tmp71be0ce6.tmp ', CurrentDirectory='bin/.NET/', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

2 Warning(s)
         6 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:47.1640050

Try the latest version in git now (develop branch).

Yai! I confirm that the latest checkout

commit 2ce5bbd6759ff223528dabc8ae45cf632f98b3f6
Author: marc hoffman <mh@remobjects.com>
Date:   Mon Jan 11 17:59:00 2016 -0400

Remove post-build events

builds on MacOS X 10.10.5 Yosemite with:

7 Warning(s)
     0 Error(s)

Thank you.

1 Like