Release 3117 and release 3123 have lost color highlighting in VS.
VS 2022 still works ok.
I have to revert back to 3111 to get the normal albeit limited syntax highlighting in VS.
I noticed it in 3117 and was hoping the next release would address the issue. But it didn’t.
I might like to hope some work was being done on the correction of inconsistent type highlighting that was logged a while ago. Maybe that’s the reason? Or maybe something simpler?
Hi, I can not reproduce your issue.
Can you please provide detailed steps or attach a project that doesn’t work for you.
Thanks!
My original message seems to have missed referencing VS 2026 and 2026 insiders.
The issue only occurred in those two.
The type of projects were Oxygene targeting Island. But also applied to other Oxygene projects.
All projects were affected. Newly created or Older projects.
I have just reinstalled the latest elements release 3123, to double check if the issue remains.
The issue seems to have resolved in VS Insiders, which now behaves normally.
However VS 2026 still does not have syntax highlighting. As I only use insiders the situation is ok for now.
I don’t know it it was a restart or what that seems to have partially fixed the issue.
If you could test on both VS 2026 insiders and VS 2026 release and see if you get the same issue, or not, that would be interesting.
So for now the issue only affects VS 2026.
Regards
Hello again. After an update of VS, today, the issue has resolved.
Both VS 2026 versions behave properly.
Thanks for your attention
Ok! Glad this is fine.
Thanks,
Regards.
