Configuration "Debug Comp-Test" is now not a valid configuration

Hello,

I create a new Oxygene Net 4.5.2 Console application -> all works fine.
Now I add a new configuration via VS configuration manager: “Debug ZiWu-Test”. Now I can’t compile:

1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: ConsoleApplication1, Konfiguration: Debug ZiWu-Test ------
1>Ziel “_ValidateEBuild” in Datei “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Echoes.targets” aus Projekt “D:\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1.elements” (Einstiegspunkt):
1>Ziel “Build” in Datei “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Echoes.targets” aus Projekt “D:\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1.elements” (Einstiegspunkt):
1> RemObjects EBuild. An open source build engine for Elements and beyond.
1> Copyright RemObjects Software 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. Created by marc hoffman.
1> Version 10.0.0.2429 (develop) built on talax, 20190809-125423. Commit c9bf0ff.
1> Reference ‘mscorlib’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\mscorlib.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> Reference ‘System’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\System.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> Reference ‘System.Data’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\System.Data.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> Reference ‘System.Xml’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\System.Xml.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> Reference ‘System.Core’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\System.Core.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> Reference ‘System.Xml.Linq’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\System.Xml.Linq.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> Reference ‘System.Data.DataSetExtensions’ was resolved to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.5.2\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll’ for target ‘Echoes’.
1> RemObjects Elements (Oxygene, C#, Swift and Java) Compiler for .NET, Cocoa, Java and Island.
1> Version 10.0.0.2429 (develop) built on talax, 20190809-125423. Commit c9bf0ff.
1> Copyright 2003-2019 RemObjects Software, LLC. All rights reserved.
1> E: Fatal Error: “Debug ZiWu-Test” is not valid Xmlelement name
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Echoes.targets(53,3): error : Fatal Error: “Debug ZiWu-Test” is not valid Xmlelement name
1> Solution ‘ConsoleApplication1’ failed to build all projects.
1>Die Erstellung des Projekts “ConsoleApplication1.elements” ist abgeschlossen – FEHLER.
1>
1>Fehler beim Buildvorgang.

I understand the problem, but my old project still uses such configurations. How can I fix it?

Mario

Additional information:
I go back to 10.0.0.2399 -> same problem
I go back to 10.0.0.2373 -> all works fine

Thanks, Mario

can you send me the project (or a test case that shows he same issue)? that said, iirc spaces in the configuration name aren’t valid or at least could be part of the problem.

No problem:
ConsoleApplication1.zip (91,7 KB)

I use the default project template in VS 2017 with Net 4.5.2 and add only a readln and the configuration, based on debug. I use for the name a space character and “-”. I don’t know if space or “-” is the problem.

Reproduced, yes. It is want I thought yesterday; right now configuration names need to consist of just letters and numbers, as they are used as the names of elements in the XML metadata EBuild stores, ie <Debug>...</Debug>.

I consider this “as designed” for now; the proper solution is to rename the configuration, say to “DebugZiWuTest”.