ConnectionManager: driver Manager is not assigned

Just upgraded to 10.0.0.1449 and am getting this message whenever I close the form in the IDE or close the program.

ConnectionManager: Driver Manager is not assigned, yet it clearly is.

Hi,

can you create a simple testcase that reproduced this, pls?

you can attach it here or send directly to support@

Unfortunately, my simple test case works. Something changed between 9.5.111.1399 and 10.0.0.1449 in relation to ConnectionManager.

What other options do I have?

Hi,

this part (i.e. TDAConnectionManager & TDADriverManager) wasn’t changed for ages.

Try to select TDAConnectionManager and cut and paste it to the same form/datamodule. if it doesn’t solve situation, do the same with TDADriverManager.

Note: you may relink TDADriverManager and TDAConnectionManager after cut/paste operation

I should mention that I upgraded Delphi to 10.3.2 and noticed, when I installed RO/DA (10.0.0.1449), that the splash screen said BETA for RO and DA…

Here’s some things I found. If I overwrite the pas and dfm of the form, from backup, that has the ConnectionManager and DriverManager, I do not receive that error until I run the application.

When I run the application I get this path on close:

uROComponent.TROComponent.Destroy
uDADriverManager.TDADriverManager.Destroy
uDADBEventRepository.TDADBEventRepository.Destroy
uDADBSessionManager.TDADBSessionManager.Destroy

ClearSession(False)

uROSessions.TROCustomSessionManager.ClearSessions(OnlyExpired : boolean)

DoClearSessions(OnlyExpired)

uDADBSessionManager.TDADBSessionManager.DoClearSessions(OnlyExpired: boolean);

else begin
  lConnection:=GetConnection; (line 215)

uDADBSessionManager.TDADBSessionManager.GetConnection: IDAConnection;

CheckProperties

uDADBSessionManager.TDADBSessionManager.CheckProperties

Schema.CheckProperties;

uDASchema.TDASchema.CheckProperties

ConnectionManager.CheckProperties

uDAConnectionManager.TDAConnectionManager.CheckProperties

DAValidateProperty(not Assigned(DriverManager), Name, err_DriverManagerNotAssigned)

It seems that DriverManager is destroyed and SessionManager needs it.

Hi,

I can suggest to add code like this into DataModuleDestroy event:

if SessionManager.ClearSessionsOnDestroy then SessionManager.ClearSessions(False);
SessionManager.ClearSessionsOnDestroy := False;

it should solve this case

Thanks! That works

Just a note, run time works with that solution, but IDE still does not. The datamodule opens and closes fine, but when I unload the project group I still get ConnectionManager: Driver Manager is not assigned.

set SessionManager.ClearSessionsOnDestroy to false in Object Inspector and update code in DataModuleDestroy event like

SessionManager.ClearSessions(False);