Consume WCF service

I want to build an Delphi client app that consumes an web service buildt with. Net WCF.
How can I do this with Remobjects?
Any samples/tutorials would be great.

Thanks

pls read How to consume 3rd-party SOAP Web Services article.

Unfortunately the link to the article is broken now. Is it possible to read this article?

Hi,

use How to consume 3rd-party SOAP Web Services? link

Hi,

it’s only short, generic description. Do you have more detailed description or any examples?

I´ve seen some Hydra with WCF example, this could generate somes insights

Hi,

I have seen this video. But I try to consume WCF using RemObjects SDK, for which I have the license. Maybe I just try to use wrong tool to do the job?

I don’t think so. It looks like the above video/tutorial (not ours, and first time I see it :upside_down_face:) uses WCF/C# on the client side, embedded in a Delhi app vai Hydra. That’s one way to do it, but directly using RO/Delphi on the client side should be the preferred option.

Hi,

after few hours of tests I still have problem with consuming WCF service using default Delphi method or RO SDK. I think the problem occurs because WCF use TransportWithMessageCredential security mode. Is it possible to consume this kind of WCF service using RO SDK?

Hi,

You can specify username/password in HTTP header if your server requires it.

it can be TROWinInetHTTPChannel.Login or you can use Username/Password properties of TROIndyHTTPChannel.IndyClient.Request

Hi,

Yes, I know it. But in TransportWithMessageCredential security mode user credentials are attached in the every soap message envelope. I’m affraid that simply setting of the login credentials doesn’t make this change in SOAP envelope for me. I think this SOAP message modification could be done in the Envelopes settings level, but the only thing I found in Envelopes is AES password.

Hi,

this one is Message Envelopes. it isn’t related to SOAP Envelope node.

Try to use the soapmessage.OnEnvelopeComplete event.
in this event you can access to the soapmessage.EnvelopeNode property and add/update/delete child nodes.