Could not load .NET Core dbgshim library when launching debugger

Wasn’t panning to at this stage. Can you just copy the files in again?

Ok

I get this

~> Process AspNetCoreNancy started
~> The process failed to start with the following error: Could not load .the NET Core dbgshim library at /usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.0-preview.2.20160.6/libdbgshim.dylib. Error: dlopen(/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.0-preview.2.20160.6/libdbgshim.dylib, 258): no suitable image found. Did find:
~> /usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.0-preview.2.20160.6/libdbgshim.dylib: code signature in (/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.0-preview.2.20160.6/libdbgshim.dylib) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs

You gotta be be fucking kidding me.

This sounds like some sort of code signing restriction; as if the debug shim is signed by Microsoft’s TeamID (of course) and Fire is signed by ours, and somehow in Apples infinite wisdom and goal to make macOS unsuitable as a development platform, thats not allowed :(.

That said, to rule out that this error is caused by Fire’s code signature now being broken (and hiding the real error), let me do a new full & signed Fire build for you, after all…

What exact macOS version are you on? I’m on Catalina 10.15.4 on my main system (where debugging worked, last I used it last week). Maybe they tighten restrictions in 10.15.5?

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/126895

Im also on 10.15.4

I’ll add

<key>com.apple.security.cs.disable-library-validation</key>
	<true/>

for the new build, lets see if that fixes it for you.

Come to think, maybe I only ever tried .NET Core debugging with my (unsigned) local dev build of Fire, and now with the real one (I have two copies of Fire, I work in the one build/signed same as you get, but when I debug/test/work on Fire itself, that instance is unsigned (which has its own whole set of pain points, on Catalina :().

I cant be sure I ever tried .NET Core debugging in the “outer” Fire, recently.

This used to work for you too though, a while back, right? maybe they did stricten this in a recent .x release, .4 or .3…

Yeah it did work but I cant remember exactly when. I think it was a recent change.

FWIW, no promises that this will happen today, as we seem t nee having a bad internet day again (same aa Friday, which is why the build was late), and doing a Fire build Eans not only downloading a full 1.5GB zip bistro, but also uploading the final Fire.dmg twice, once to Apple for Notarization, and then stapled to S3. and I’m getting <100kb/s down right now… :frowning:

1 Like

The Internet Gods relented this late afternoon, and new build is up on Experimental.

1 Like

Yep that worked

:raised_hands:t3:

bugs://84177 got closed with status nochangereq.

This seems to have reappeared
Im trying to debug a .net core v5 app from Fire and I get

~> Process WorkerServiceConsoleApplication started, took 0.567.
~> The process failed to start with the following error: Could not load .the NET Core dbgshim library at /usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.8/libdbgshim.dylib. Error:

Im having issues with this too.

Are you on an Arm Mac? If so do you have the Arm or x86_64 version of .NET Core installed?

Right now, I can only get debugging working with the x86_64 version :(.

Yes its arm mac. I guess I have the arm version installed ? How would I check ?

file /path/to/dotnet should show it

Cherry:~/Code/Elements git:(develop) # which dotnet
/usr/local/share/dotnet/dotnet

Cherry:~/Code/Elements git:(develop) # file /usr/local/share/dotnet/dotnet
/usr/local/share/dotnet/dotnet: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

I have the same as you

Strange… works fine here for me:

Strange.

It looks like the end of the message is chopped off.

Do you think there is more after the Error: ?