Couple of new Ideas for Water/Fire

Hi there :slight_smile:

I know I am Kind of annoying with those ideas and such but I dont expect of Course all to be implemented and I also think thats not bad to have something you can talk About as not having them, in the end, you guys obviously decide whether or not to make use of such ideas and even in which priority to impl. them.

here we go, I listed a couple which poped up in my mind while coding:

1) automatic parenthesis () for Expression of any Kind, like already in VS2015
2) automatic begin/end
3) automatic identifier renaming in all files where it is detected, when changing an identifier live.
** (ex: var myVar := 100; //I want my var now to be named as myInt**
** so while I type the Name it should Change simultaneously in all files or just the current one, where it knows the Identifier: “myVar”**

4) GOTO a specific Identifier when you dblclick on it (Goto Definition)
** ex: method DoWork; begin (*some Code...*) end;**
** when I call now “DoWork” 2000 lines of Code below and I want to go that declaration back to make some changes**
5) File renaming within water
6) Water should ignore its own code-formatting rules when it detects another rule made by the developer
What I mean by this is, I for example have a totally own and crazy codeformatting but it serves me Pretty good ^^ but unfortunately, water says no to it and Reformats it how it is configured, which is not a bad Thing but just not my Kind of file-formatting. So it would be really nice if one can came across and set in the “Options” how water formatts Code.

And one last Thing, pls Keep in mind, that I have litterlay 0 Expertise in such Things like IDE-dev and so… some of those ideas may Sound to you like: “on which planet does this dude live”
I am just throwing ideas in the room!

Wish all a great Weekend so far and

Best regards

Shpend

Hm, not sure. I hate that.

Automatic “end” is on the list (similar to automatic “}” already works.

It’s called Rename Refactoring, and while not currently hooked up in the UI yet for Water, it’s ion the list.

Whats wrong with Ctrl+Shift+D? Double-click does “select word”.

On the list, part of finishing the tree view supper, which also will include drag & drop & co.

Just turn auto-format off. Were would it otherwise draw the line between “this isn’t formatted correctly and needs fixing” and “this is formatted differently, but he probably wants it like that”?

Would be really nice, its annoying often to do that, when you have Long calculations, for instance:

result := myIndex * Size div index + Indexe-64mod Index; //you see how bad this would be to do manually..

:+1:

Nothing! works wonderfully, I just dont have this commands in mind, would be nice, if there would be a list of commands :slight_smile: I can see

Yes when I wrote the 6) I thought of something like that, thats definitively not such easy to do even if it is implementable…

Can’t say i do…

The shortcuts are pretty much all shown in the respective menu items. There’s also Keyboard Shortcuts.

you know what, your Right, Forget it, … the time I wrote, it sounds more heavy than it is…

1 Like