Current missing Featuers in Water

While we’re placing weekend to-go orders :wink: I’d love to have a go-to-line-number feature. I find myself wanting this pretty often while debugging crashes that give me line numbers in the call stack

1 Like

Could be I missed adding it to the menu in Water. I’ll add it once I fixed it :wink:

Hmm. for me, the navigation pane stays in sync, the active file is always selected (if available ofc). I’ll check.

it’s not that easy, without complicating the whole UI model. I don’t want Fire/Water end up looking like VS with three million panes docked in 37 different places :wink:

1 Like

Not here:

I can check in Fire later, but in Water it doesn’t.

Maybe a new Water big :(. that f%%%#@ing WPF tree view is the bane of my existence.

For example, you may notice that Water sometimes loses the current view when doping a build. Wanna know why this happens? Well. every time I the tree view changes, I get “item was selected” events from the current item all the way up to its top parent, and then back down. None of them are distinguishable from actual user clicks. I have several ugly hacks in place to mitigate it always losing its spots, but they aren’t perfect.

If anyone knows of a sane alternative to this control, they’d be in my book of favorite people forever.

heck, I wish I cud use the native Windows tree view, from WPF, in any way…

Curious. I don’t believe I even have an option to urn these off… I’ll check.

Hm, you’re right; they are missing in Water. investigating…

I cannot repro this. the treeview does sync when I navigate by, say, using the jump bar. it doesn’t scroll the new item into view if its offscreen (I’ll see if thats fixable; did I mention how much I hate this tree view control?), but it does expand and select the right item, for me…

Fire

Water

Ok. I see what’s happening. The scroll. It doesn’t scroll to where the file is in the nav pane. So if all files fit in the nav pane, that’s ok, but when it is outside you don’t see anything changing.

Edit: Yes, I started replying before reading about the scroll haha

Yes, at the end of the day I always end making my own controls because something happens or can’t be done, or there’s a bug…

Strange, I would have expected that maybe I didn’t port that part yet (the actual “drawRect” method for the editor is duplicated between Cocoa and WPF, it’s almost identical, but there’s subtle differences that make it easier to maintain 2 files I can diff whenever I make changes, rather than #ifdefing one code base).

But now, there code to draw these is there, and it runs. I just don’t see em ;). Investigating further…

1 Like

Parens matching: fixed.

Tree View scrolling: did some research a pain.hack to do. but works sometimes. it’ll have to do until I can do a proper replacement of the entire tree mess, one of these days.

1 Like

Is there a way to hide Warnings and Hints and show only Errors? If not, that would be another request.

1 Like

Fixed. As a side effect, when you, say, jump from "file A line 10- to “file B” to “file A line 76” to “file C” to “file A, line 382”, and go back, you will now also go back the the positions you originally were, ie lime 76, and then line 10).

Right now, Go to Definition and Go to Type Definition are the only actions that take part in this, for in-file navigation. Let me know of you think any others should too (most notably, Go to Declaration/Go to Implementation don;'t add to this right now, as I figured usually one goes up and down, up and down using the respective shortcuts, and it would be a shame to have dozens of navigation stack entries added in that scenario…

1 Like

Work in progress:

https://share.dwarfland.com/BluZ5PK4

2 Likes

Looks great.
While you are at it. One thing I noticed is that when you click on the file name, it doesn’t take you to the first occurrence. It just open the file. Then you have to click next.

:slight_smile:

Will this be in the build next Friday ?

I’d expect so, yes. A few more Ts to cross, but its done in principle.

Great. The experimental channel is looking a bit empty at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should yesterdays build look like the screen shot ?

The release notes say

Search: Find all to show all search hits individually (wip)

But it doesnt look any different

1 Like