Current missing Featuers in Water

Check the video I posted earlier in this thread.

When I do a find all nothing happens. The screenshot below is after I have selected find all from the menu. Nothing is listed under the filename

Curious. it works here. Any errors in Console or the Windows|Activity window?

It seems to be dependent on whats in the file

ClassLibrary.zip (8.1 KB)

If you search for sailed in that findall does nothing

I did find all on crew.pas and crewrepository, only one of them worked.

Ah, got it, the find all doesnā€™t take into account the search options yet (i.e. case insensitivity, whole word or (in Fire) RegEx. Thatā€™s on the lost for next week.

Will the need for selecting find all or replace all be removed ?
I was wondering if it was possible to display the arrow head all the time and then perform search when you expand it ?

Using Water to test Mercury now for a while (could be that I did not find everything yet),
so I have a list too:

• Assignable keyboard shortcuts for all menu items (with saveable templates)
  • Open With on each file to open a file with an external editor (b.e. to start an external designer or viewer)
  • Rename file
  • user definable custom tools for code gen from a file

I wasnā€™t planning to.

Not planned for now, as thereā€™s a general strategy behind the keyboard shortcuts and how they relate to each other. Iā€™d be happy to add more shortcuts form existing items that doing have any, if you have concrete suggestions and thereā€™s free keys that wonā€™t conflict. The problem in Water is that Windows has one fewer modifier keys than macOS.

Should already work, standard F2 shortcut in the tree view, just like in Explorer.

Should be doable, based on the extended Generator support weā€™ve Hooke who for Mercury recently, yeah. But this needs some thought, since the Generator project setting right now isnā€™t always consistent (i.e. .settings has its own generator name for VB, vs others, while .resx does not, and so the different generators to be used had to be hardcoded. Question will also be how to register/find the custom generator implementations. Iā€™ll go an issue to investigate how to best add this.

Thanks, logged as bugs://84277

At least when performing a find all it would be nice if I could just expand the file without having to select it from the menu first

The ā€œproblemā€ is weā€™re always doing a find all.

Iā€™ll play around, but I donā€™t like the idea of filing open the file starting the *async, and potentially slow) operation of populating the initially empty list of sub-nodes, as youā€™d have a delay between filing open and seeing the results.

:exploding_head: Iā€™ve been closing Water, renaming the file, editing the <Include/> entry in the project file, and reopening. This is great to know.

It would be nice to have some sort of indication in the app that this is possible. Preferably in the context menu, but at least a top menu item listing F2 as the shortcut :slight_smile: any other magic shortcuts I donā€™t know about? :smiley:

1 Like

Its standard tree view behavior ā€” it works even in Explorer, and I dont think thereā€™s a matching menu item for it. But Iā€™ll see if I can add something. I also wanna get slow-twice-click to work (as in Explorer again), but the f%%%king tree view is fighting me. Think Iā€™ll throw that wpf tree view out for a different control sometime soon.

1 Like

Ah ok, Iā€™ve never done any windows development. I knew I could do F2 in Explorer but didnā€™t realize that was a framework-level control and not an app-level control. Good to know :+1:

itā€™s not; I had to manually get it to work :wink:

bugs://E19809 was closed as fixed.

bugs://E24087 was closed as fixed.