Customizing Generated code

Is it possible to customize the generated Delphi and C# files from ROIDL? Our RO server is in Delphi and clients are in .NET.

We want to distribute a dll in .NET with structures only defined in ROIDL. It would be great if 2 separate files one with communication stuff and other with class structures be produced.

The other thing we want to do is to map these structure onto our existing Delphi classes. Any suggestions?

you can create one RODL where structures will be defined and create other RODL that will use 1st RODL (see Edit->Use Existing RODL item in ServiceBuilder).

Generated classes in <structure>_intf can be ancestors for your existed classes.

I tried your suggestion but there are few issues

1. The structures generated still contains activator classes. It would be good if I could flag them to be generated in service files.
  2. When using external RODL the flag “Generate Code for the definitions in this RODL” is always checked even when I uncheck it.

It’s a known issue:
see: RO:Delphi Service Builder Ignores Configuration - #7 by Will_Honor

hmm, this issue (66501: Service Builder: Setting on/off option “Generate code for the definitions in this RODL file” doesn’t affect RODL file ) was already fixed in April so fix should be present in RO/DA8.

Haven’t used this function for a longer time. If it’s fixed he may use an older version of the SDK.

I am using 7.0.73.1111

#66501 was fixed in 8.0.81.1131