DA Hydra plugin problem

Hi

I defined a DataAbstract Hydra Plugin with Code first. If I change the class factory with the ROPooledClassFactory attribute when I close the app server it raise many memory leak.
With the class factort ROStandardClass all work fine.

It appears that the instances in the pool are not being released correctly

Hi,

can you attach a simple testcase that reproduces this behavior, pls?
you can send it to support@ for keeping privacy

Hi EvgenyK

ok. I prepare and send it. It will take a little while :wink:

Hi EvgenyK

I just sended to support@ the full sample!

Thank you very much

Hi,

I can reproduce memory leaks with your overcomplicated testcase and can’t with simple testcase 23151_1.zip (133.9 KB) .

I think, mix of custom runtime packages could cause it.

Hi EvgenyK

thank you for your message.

This mix of custom packages (which I personally do not see complicated) help me to have more control over them in production. If I worked with standard packages, in addition to having the delphi version, I would find myself having to manage many files with relationships that are difficult to manage.

I divided the packages logically between RTL / VCL, RO and UniDAC in order to have the related components in each package but above all I can manage the versioning. Even updating Delphi simply by recompiling my packages (and making the relative adjustments) I am not forced to delete the old packages to replace them with the new ones but I simply replace them :wink:

However apart from this, your example is based on an executable without the use of run-time packages

I see to create a more “standard” example and see if the problem is raised anyway

Thank you very much

Claudio

Hi EvgenyK

sorry another question. But is possible to load RO/DA service plugins without run-time packages?

Hi,

yes, it should be possible.
Check cross-platform mode