Data Abstract option missing in Delphi/Menu/New Items

Dear sir:

The option for creating a new DA project is missing in Delphi’s main menu. (however, RemObjects SDK is still visible)

How can I restore this option for creating new DA Data Modules or DA Applications?

Thank you

try to reinstall DataAbstract for Delphi

Hi, EvgenyK,

Thank you for your reply.

Data Abstract is the achievement of many years of excellence and clever design.

Unfortunately, documentation has been always in a second plane, I guess. The existing Wiki information is not easy as it depends of being online. Usually a good PDF document is better. Additionally, I would like to see a FAQ section.

I started a new project using Delphi XE2 and a fresh installation of Data Abstract. It is the first time that I have tried the Relativity Server option (my former applications started in 2011 and a customized Server application was created). I encountered two difficulties using the client application generated by the Wizard:

• No domains: If I try to retrieve fields for the new DAMemDataTable object generated, an error is generated.
  • If I run the new application, a login related difficulty appears. It seems that the Wizard does not work specifically on login details (RemoteDataAdapter and other needed objects probably needed)
    In summary, it seems to be easier just building the basic client structure by hand. After a couple of hours (after searching the Wiki and the forums) I decided to replicate a previous construction instead of depending on the Wizard.

Documentation is sometimes harder to achieve as a product than building software blocks. Anyway, RemObjects is a Class A company with amazing products. After seven years I am still waiting for a Class A documentation. Even a book, Data Abstract deserves it, it is an incredible product.

Best regards,

Humberto Gutiérrez

LGX

it is common task for servers that require session.

Steps:

• drop TDADesigntimeCall
  • link RemoteService to existing component
  • dbl click on component
  • select LoginEx method
  • specify connection string

for Relativity server, it should be like User Id="user";Password="pass";Domain="mydomain";Schema="myschema"

Note: your generated connection string can be found in fClientDataModule.pas file.

Hi, EvgenyK,

I appreciate your reply. I had been away these days so I had no possibility to return to DA tests. I have been using DA 6.0.51.901 (Delphi 2010) but a few months ago I started using DA 9.1.99.1273.

I used two ways for testing DA 9.1.99.1273 on Delphi XE2,

1. Relativity Server + DA Client:

DESIGN TIME. I came across a difficulty: when I try to Retrieve/Open a TDAMemDataTable object, this error is generated: “An exception was raised on the server: Domain name not supplied”. (DA client was created directly by the Wizard Option, even Dynamic Where sample gives the same error message).

RUN TIME: OK

2. DA Server + DA Client:

DESIGN TIME: As I try to open a table, this error message is generated: "An exception was raised on the server Session {…session ID…} could not be found.

As I try to retrieve Data Table Schema, a dialog window with Service; LoginService’ Method: LoginEx; Parameter-Value columns are displayed. I do not know what to do exactly.

RUN TIME: OK

HELP NEEDED ON:

What I need is to open TDAmemTable objects at design time.

(It seems that DA 9.x is incompatible with the old DA 6.x version)

Thank you very much, in advance, for your valuable help.

With best regards,

Humberto Gutiérrez

LGX

Have you tried to these steps?

DA9 is compatible with DA6