Data Abstract Saving MSSQL 12 Text Fields adding garbage

Data Abstract Schema Modeler RemObjects Data Abstract Framework
Version 9.4.107.1363 Build date 2018-03-21
MSSQL 12
ADO

After updating to the latest build, Memo fields with an underlying text type field in mssql save with added spaces and other corruption. In the snip below you can see how text looks when entered on the lower item, and how it looks after saving and retrieval on the top item. This issue occurs on every project that I recompile since the installing the latest update.

pls specify your platform (Delphi or .NET)

Delphi

can you create a simple testcase or show how do you update such field, pls?
you can attach it here or send directly to support@

I just sent a sent simple test case. Their is a button to open the table, a button to apply updates, a button to close the table, a dbNavigator and a dbMemo control all stock delphi.

To corrupt the text field, I open the table, edit the memo, Apply the updates, close the table, and reopen the table.

Thanks, logged as bugs://80193

bugs://80193 got closed with status fixed.

fix will be in next weekly beta

Any chance can get the changed units now?

answered via PM

Thank you Evgeny. That fixed the issue nicely.

Was this a driver fix (i.e. MS SQL)? I’m seeing something similar using FireDAC and both Postgresql and mySQL. I’ll create some test cases if needed, but thought I’d ask first. I’m still using 9.2 which works fine, but would like to move to the later release.

hi,

it was fix in bin2 streamer

OK, thanks Evgeny. I’ll create a test case then as soon as I can and send it to support (need to finish some other things first).

can you test it against the latest beta? it’s almost 9.5 release - we wait only for Delphi 10.3 Rio …

Will do.

What’s the easiest thing for you for the DB side of things that I can send as a sample? I’ve just tried the latest beta and it’s still got the problem (only building the server side shows this). It’s a field defined in the PostgreSQL DB as ‘text’, and in SM it’s a ‘memo’, and the problem is when saving from a client, the DB looks like it only gets the first letter of each word. As I say, I’ve seen it with mySQL too, so I guess I could create a test case with both.
I’m using Delphi XE8 (FireDAC is 22.0.19908). All is good with 9.2.103.1311

Hi,
you can send SQL script and simple testcase.
it can be attached here or sent to support@