Debugging an old ASP.NET web site

Hello,
I have an old ASP.NET web site that I need to debug in order to correct something.

It doesn’t work with Visual Studio 2022 17.2: it seems that VS doesn’t see that the build is finished and it never starts the application to debug. I even have to kill VS after each build.

So I think I can use Water to debug it, but it seems that it doesn’t support ASP.NET web sites, as the Run command is greyed !

Unfortunately, there is no more the possibility to create such a project type, so the only thing I can give you is the full project and all its dependencies…

Logged as bugs://E25905.

I’ve logged it. If the IDE team needs a project they’ll contact you.

I have the same thing and if I clear the project systematically before compiling, it often passes :slight_smile:

Hello Patrick.
Could you please give me a testcase for this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Viktoria,
Sorry for the late reply, but I had to work on another project.

I no more have this problem, but now, when debugging I can’t watch variables (either with tooltip or with autos or locals). Fortunately I can work with VS2019…

A correction, with VS2019, I can see the locals, but not use tooltips or QuickWatch.

QuickWatch shows

Watchs shows the same thing and Autos is empty… Very difficult to debug.

Patrick, yes, it is a know bug. It must be fixed in today’s build. Please let me know if the problem persists with the new build.
Best regards.

bugs://E25905 was closed as fixed.