Delphi DA SQL Server 2014 connection

Hi - I have many SQL Server apps running with the compiled DA server app and the database on the same server. Works well. Connection string like ‘ADO?AuxDriver=SQLOLEDB.1;127.0.0.1;Database=maxenergy;Integrated Security=SSPI;’

However, my client has decided they want the database ONLY on its own server and I am not allowed to have the server app with it. Thus the connect string becomes ‘ADO?AuxDriver=SQLOLEDB.1;192.168.4.4;Database=maxenergy;Integrated Security=SSPI;’ (different IP address)

I get the rather unhelpful error “multiple-step ole db operation generated errors” when connecting via the client app. I believe this is one of those generic error codes that does not tell you much. I can connect to this database in management studio and believe it is some sort of ado driver issue.

Regards
Roger

try to change subdriver with SQLNCLI10/SQLNCLI11 or similar one or replace ADO with another driver like FireDAC, SDAC, etc - this can give more detailed error for this case.

try to google for this error- it can give to you some ideas/workarounds like “FIX: “Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors” error when you insert DATETIME type data to a SMALLDATETIME type column in SQL Server 2008 R2”

Hi

Sorted in the end - thanks

ADO?AuxDriver=SQLOLEDB.1;Server=W2012S200DEMO3;Database=maxtest2;UserID=xxxxx;Password=xxxxxx;Schemas=1;Integrated
Security=SSPI;

Adding Schemes=1 seems the only difference in the end???

Regards

Roger

it controls only what tables will be shown in DASM: from current user schema only or from all schemas and it can’t have any influence to “Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors” error.

The joys of connection strings… The only other difference was the
sequence of the elements in the string.

It works now anyway

Regards

Roger