Deploy Relativity server to Linux ( Ubuntu 12.04 )

Hi
I am trying to setup a Relativity server on a VServer with Ubuntu 12.04.
I did this: Documentation | RemObjects Software

I alway et the Error Message:

/opt/relativity# sudo mono-service2 Relativity.exe -m:Relativity --debug
RemObjects Data Abstract Relativity Server
Powered by Data Abstract and Oxygene.
Use the ‘mono-service’ command to start the server as Mono daemon
or start the server with the ‘–commandline’ parameter to run it
as a console application
Invalid type RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo for instance field System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]:_items
/opt/relativity#

Mono is installed:

/opt/relativity# mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 3.12.1 (tarball Fri Mar 6 19:12:47 UTC 2015)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: sgen
/opt/relativity#

Mysql Net Driver is also installed: mysql-connector-net-6.8.5-noinstall.zip

<system.data>

</system.data>

Any Help on this Topic?
Shalom
Manfred

Hello

Seems some more information on this issue is required.

Could you run the Relativity Server using command like

sudo mono Relativity.exe --commandLine

and post the exception log here?

Still on my Kubuntu 14.10 I successfully installed the MySQL driver. I’ve installed MySQL driver for .NET 2.0 and modified the appropriate machine.config file and there were no startup exceptions. Also the db driver has been successfully loaded. Could you double-check the driver version you installed?

Thanks in advance

Hi antonk

Did that, and here are the Messages:
( Have to say that i installed the MONO Runtime Version )

/opt/relativity# sudo mono Relativity.exe --commandLine
RemObjects Data Abstract Relativity Server
Powered by Data Abstract and Oxygene.
Invalid type RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo for instance field System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]:_items

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.Configuration —> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Collections.Generic.List1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]…ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection2[System.String,RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]..ctor (IEqualityComparer1 comparer, Int32 dictionaryCreationThreshold) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection2[System.String,RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]..ctor (IEqualityComparer1 comparer) [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.Common.Collections.NamedObjectCollection1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]..ctor (Boolean caseInsensitive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at RemObjects.Common.Collections.NamedObjectCollection1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]…ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.Configuration…cctor () [0x00000] in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at â.â.á () [0x00000] in :0
at â.â.â () [0x00000] in :0
at  .â
.RunAsConsoleApplication () [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.SDK.Server.ApplicationServer.RunOnMonoHost () [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.SDK.Server.ApplicationServer.Run (System.String arguments) [0x00000] in :0
at  .â. (System.String  ) [0x00000] in :0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.Configuration —> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Collections.Generic.List1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]…ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection2[System.String,RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]..ctor (IEqualityComparer1 comparer, Int32 dictionaryCreationThreshold) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection2[System.String,RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]..ctor (IEqualityComparer1 comparer) [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.Common.Collections.NamedObjectCollection1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]..ctor (Boolean caseInsensitive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at RemObjects.Common.Collections.NamedObjectCollection1[RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.DataProviderInfo]…ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.Configuration…cctor () [0x00000] in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at â.â.á () [0x00000] in :0
at â.â.â () [0x00000] in :0
at  .â
.RunAsConsoleApplication () [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.SDK.Server.ApplicationServer.RunOnMonoHost () [0x00000] in :0
at RemObjects.SDK.Server.ApplicationServer.Run (System.String arguments) [0x00000] in :0
at  .â. (System.String  ) [0x00000] in :0
/opt/relativity#

Thanks in advance

Could you provide some more info?

Like:
What exactly Relativity version is run?
What exactly MySQL assembly was GACed (there are several target frameworks in the archive)?
What exactly machine.config file has been updated?
What exactly mono packages have you installed? Ie was it ‘mono-complete’ or a custom set of packages?

TIA

What exactly Relativity version is run?

Newest Version: Don’t see where the Version Info is available
FileDate is the 1.3.2015

What exactly MySQL assembly was GACed (there are several target frameworks in the archive)?

I did start this in this folder:
/opt/relativity/connector/mysql-connector-net/v2.0
sudo gacutil -i MySql.Data.dll
Like described here: Documentation | RemObjects Software

What exactly machine.config file has been updated?

/etc/mono/2.0/machine.config

What exactly mono packages have you installed? Ie was it ‘mono-complete’ or a custom set of packages?

mono runtime

Could you try to install

mono-complete

?

Try to do that…
Taught i could work with the Runtime because the mono-complete give me this:

/opt/relativity# sudo apt-get install mono-complete
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mono-complete : Depends: mono-devel (= 3.12.1-0xamarin1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mono-4.0-service (= 3.12.1-0xamarin1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-cil-dev (= 3.12.1-0xamarin1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
/opt/relativity#

The Ubuntu is Version 12.04 fresh install by the Provider…

Hi Again

It works now fine i uninstalled the mono and re-installed again and followed the description on this Site:
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/install/linux/
I installed the mono-complete.
Maybe i missed something before…

Thanks for your help :wink: !
Shalom
Manfred

Glad that the issue is resolved now. Most probably something went wrong on the 1st Mono installation and some reference assemblies were missing (thus these TypeLoad exceptions occurred)

Regards