Disabling warnings in build output

Is there anyway to turn off or hide build warnings in Fire/Elements build output? Or to ignore them at the code level? eg like a #pragme. Or to separate them in the build output?

This is a problem where once you have a few warnings build up in your project, it can be hard to pick up the error amongst warnings in the build output.

In Fire errors and warnings are the same red colour in build output and on a command line build you have to try and pickup the error: word amonst a lot of noise.

You can turn of warnings in project settings, and hide them in code with {$HIDE XXX} or #hide XXX, depending on language.

Hmm, they should not be. Warnings will be yellow, hints will be green. Can you send me a sample that shows this issue? Ideally code+screenshot, as well as the build output? Are you using internal or external compiler (if you don’t know the answer to that, you’re using internal ;).

Using internal. Fire build 8.3.90.1925
In the Files themselves warnings are yellow:

But in the build log, which is what I tend to look at first, everything is red:

Found the suppress warnings setting, thanks. Do you know if there is a way to pass that to xbuild, so that we can just suppress warnings on the command line build? Thats where they are most annoying - when you are trying to understand what went wrong in the console output of Gradle etc

Ah, gotcha. The highlighting for the build log is much simpler. I’ll see what I can do to apply different colors there. Never thought of that.

Incidentally, the Suppress Warnings project setting didnt seem to do anything to the build output - warnings still appeared. Not sure If I’m doing it wrong…

How did you use this? Suppress Warnings works on individual warnings, you need to provide the code or a list of codes. It’s not meant to toggle all warnings on or off.

Lemme know if you like this better in the new beta we’ll have out later tonight.

Ah, ok, I just put in YES

The new highlighting is great, thanks!

1 Like

Glad you like it!