Does the property setter no longer auto-generate the method?

In my old VS 2010/Delphi Prism environment, when I typed a new property name like “Abc” and then typed “read f”, I was presented with the choice of the backing field named “fAbc”.

That still happens.

But when I used to type “write set”, I would get a choice of “setAbc”. That doesn’t happen any more.

Is that missing, or am I doing it wrong?

… time passes …

Hmmm… when I create a NEW project, it seems to be working correctly. But in the one I just created that didn’t work, when I go back there, it STILL doesn’t work. Not sure what is breaking it.

It doesn’t even do the “fAbc” part now.

… time passes …

Now this is just bizarre. I got rid of the property I typed in. I did a clean. I did a rebuild. I think I positioned my cursor at the end of a property line and pressed enter to get a new line for a new property, and IT PUT BACK MY DELETED LINE.

Somebody got a clue on this?

… time passes …

I shutdown VS and restarted it and reopened my project. Now it is working.

… time passes …

OMG, no it didn’t work. It prompted for the “fSelectedPerson” (in this case), and put it in after the read, but it didn’t generate a private backing field. What the heck is going on here?

… time passes …

I DID find my previous post: How do I make the event handler method auto generate the code?

Apparently the behavior is still not fixed. (or else I need to download a beta or something)

… time passes …

Ew, this seems a mess. Sometimes I get the “fAbc” and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I get the “SetAbc” and sometimes I don’t.

It looks like if I type “read fAbc write SetA”, “SetAbc” is not a choice.

But if I close the popup, and then press “Ctrl-Space”, THEN the choice is there.

Why would it not show up on the first popup?

Hello! I can’t reproduce this issue.
Could you, please, send your project and video?

Thanks in advance!

I will try to do that in a little bit. I think I closed VS and reopened VS and some of it was working properly, at least. I thought I posted that fact, but doesn’t look like I did. I’ll see if I can reproduce it…

Don’t have anything to make a video, but here is the code:

type
   Person = public class
   private

public
   end;
  MainPage = public partial class(System.Windows.Controls.UserControl)
  private
     method SetmyPerson(value: Person);
  public
    constructor;
    property myPerson : Person read fmyPerson write SetmyPerson;
  end;

As you can see, I was able to have fmyPerson filled in for me, but it did not make a declaration for that variable. It DID make the method declaration and implementation stub.

This was for a Silverlight 5 application, in case that makes a difference.

Example.zip (5.1 KB)

THis consistently reproduces for you? Can you check with the upcoming beta?

Yes, I was able to reproduce it. But I think I will get totally out of VS, reboot and try again, just to be sure nothing else is goofing it up.

I know your betas are pretty good quality so I suppose I could try it. Where do I get that again?

https://secure.remobjects.com but not till tomorrow.

OK, thanks.

Ah, THIS is the post where I found the old link :smile: