E0 and E153 error in project after upgrade to 10

Hi,

Oxygene compiler, .NET Target, RemObjects Elements 10.0.0.2275

Just upgraded to 10. One project compiled successfully with version 9 but now fails with 4 errors. One E0 (Internal Error) and 3 E153 (No matching or parameterless constructor …) errors.

The E0 error is:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error (E0) Internal error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.AttributeImplementation.RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.ITypeResolutionScope.get_ResolutionFile()
at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.__Extensions.GetTypeName(ITypeResolutionScope self, Compiler aCompiler, BaseType aType, Boolean aSkipNull)
at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.Compiler.CheckAttributes(ITypeResolutionScope aScope, AttributeTargets at, ImmutableArray1 aAtt, Action1 aRemove, ImmutableArray1 aXML, IBaseInfo aTarget, Boolean aSkipXML) at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.Compiler.ResolveType(ScopeInfo lScope, IParsedType aType) at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass34.<ResolveMembers>b__4(IParsedType aType) at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.Compiler.ForAllInternalTypes(Action1 aAt)
at RemObjects.Oxygene.Code.Compiler.Compiler.ResolveMembers() Xilytix.Bso C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.targets 9

The E0 error disappears if I remove one particular source file.

An example of the E153 error is:

TBsoPacketWriter_BsoMemoryStream = public class(TBsoPacketWriter_Stream)
public
constructor (MyDataStream: TBsoMemoryStream);
begin
inherited constructor(MyDataStream);
end;
end;

TBsoPacketWriter_Bytes = public class(TBsoPacketWriter_BsoMemoryStream)
public
constructor; // <-- E153 error
begin
inherited constructor(new TBsoMemoryStream);
end;
end;

There is only one declaration of TBsoMemoryStream in my project.

Not sure if these 2 issues are related.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Paul,

the internal error is by very definition a bug. could you send us the project or a testcase that shows this (we’ll keep it confidential, you can mail it to support@ or to me directly at mh@). the other error i’m not sure about from this, i’d be good to have the full context to look at for that, as well…

thanx!