Editor not working properly in 2399

I have the following code:
(minor point: look at the code coloring)

And then I type a (
And the code becomes:

So it adds the parenthesis before the code line.

Edit: same weird behavior when I type = ‘’ instead of (

I downgraded to 2397 - in this version, it works normal.

Thanks, logged as bugs://82500

Hello Theo,
The () issue does not reproduces on a simple project here. I think, the main problem that triggers your issue is the editor highlighting itself. Somehow the editor and compiler contain the different code, and that triggers all further problems, including highlighting and odd behavior of the editor itself. Do you have any steps on how to reproduce that issue? What exactly did you do before the coloring got broken? Were there any specific steps that trigger it? Unfortunately without these steps I will not be able to reproduce and fix the issue.

Hello @viktoriad

No, I just created a new ASMX webservice project (that failed, because it was looking for v16 instead of v15). I made a copy of the v15 folder and named it v16, so I could create the web service.
Than I started typing and I got this issue. - No more lines than you see, as you see at that time I forgot he ;, but adding that did not change anything - CC was also not working.
Reported it, and went back to the previous version, that did not have the problem.

@viktoriad

Let’s close the issue - I reinstalled 2399 - and now I do not have this issue.
There was something wrong with the installation, as I can now also create a new webservice without the v16 folder. Somehow, the software thought I had VS2019 instead on VS2017

Ok. Let me know if any problems appear again.
Best regards.

See my edits above.

bugs://82500 got closed with status cannotrepro.