ElevateDB & Relativity Server

Hi

I am really struggling to use ElevateDB with Relativity Server. When I use the Delphi Template Wizard to create a Server and Client project the connection to ElevateDB works perfectly.

When I try to connect via the Schema Modeller in Relativity Server I get an error about the ElevateDB.Data.dll error. The ElevateDB database is Unicode.

Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to write my own server.

Thank you Rijk

Hi,

The Delphi Template Wizard use Delphi driver for ElevateDB

Relativity uses .NET driver for ElevateDB.

we don’t ship ElevateDB.Data.dll - you should install ElevateDB .NET Data Provider.

if you have version of this provider differ than 2.36.1.0, you should update DataAbstract.daConfig and replace 2.36.1.0 with your version:

<AssemblyName Value="Elevate.ElevateDB.Data, Version=2.36.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cf9bc1202c75e9e2" />

note: we have personal DataAbstract.daConfig for Relativity and Schema Modeler:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract (Common)\Bin\DataAbstract.daConfig
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract (Common)\Bin\Relativity\DataAbstract.daConfig

Evgeny

Apologies, I should have been clearer. I have a copy of the ElevateDB .net assembly and have copied it into the Relativity server folder.

In my case, I have also updated the config file with the most recent version, 2.38.2.0.

I have also added the dll to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) but my understanding is that is only needed for Visual Studio IDE.

Where is Relativity server looking for the DLL file?

Rijk

Hi,

Relativity itself uses Relativity folder and DataAbstract.daConfig in it.

Relativity Admin launched Schema Modeler so you should apply the same changes to DataAbstract.daConfig near to Schema Modeler otherwise Schema Modeler will look for 2.36.1.0 version.

in general, putting assembly to GAC is enough.

Evgeny

I have done everything as said. The fact that the db connection worked inside Delphi but not in the Relativity server is most likely due to driver incompatibility. I suspect Relativity is using 32-bit drivers.

Indeed, it works perfectly after the latest beta (1593) with the 64-bit drivers.

Thanks for trying to help.

Rijk

1 Like