Error Loading IDE Assembly or Package

Hi remobjects.

After installing RemObjects Elements with Water - 11.0.0.2841, when launching latest RAD Studio 11.3 I get Error Loading IDE Assembly or Package
ERR

Thank you.

Hmm, that’s curious. Elements should not touch any of the files relevant to this. Does rerunning the Remoting SDK od Data Abstract installer rectify the issue?

thanx,
marc

I never install any of SDK od Data Abstract on this machine. Only RAD Studio 11 Version 28.0.48361.3236(Trial) and RemObjects Elements with Water - 11.0.0.2841(trial)
This is the message I get
Failed to load IDE add in ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Everwood\Bin\RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE14.dll’.
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Something to to with RemObjects.Everwood assembly.

Best regards.

Hmm, weird. The Elements installer should not try to install anything into RAD Studio. Are you sure you never installed Remoting SDK, Data Abstract or Hydra?

Does checking “Remove/Disable this Assembly” solve the issue?

No Marc, nothing else than fresh install of Windows 11 Pro en_us, MS Office 2021 LTSC Standard, RAD Studio 11.3, Elements with Water v11.0.0.2841 and Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise, this is all I have on my computer.

The same issue on another computer Windows 11, RAD Studio Rio 10.3.3, Visual Studio 2022 Pro and Elements with Water v11.0.0.2841.

Failed to load IDE add in ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Everwood\Bin\RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE12.dll’.
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Err2

Best regards.

Okay, i’ll have the Delphi team check what might be going on there, tomorrow. I apologize for the inconvenience.

In the mean time:

Logged as bugs://E26603.

The only way of Remove/Disable this Assembly if INNO installer script would not create placeholder in the rad studio registry entry.

Best regards.

okay, but does checking the checkbox or manually removing the registry key solve the problem for you, for now?

Hi Marc, Only manual removal registry value solves the problem.

Hi,

I can confirm that RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE14.dll is installed but I can’t reproduce any issue with loading of this dll into Delphi 11.3.

Can you confirm that this dll is present at C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Everwood\Bin\RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE14.dll, pls?

what exactly version of Delphi 11.3 do you have?
it works w/o any issues with Embarcadero® RAD Studio 11 Version 28.0.47991.2819

I confirm, the dll present in ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Everwood\Bin\RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE14.dll’

Embarcadero® RAD Studio 11 Version 28.0.48361.3236

Hi,

are you used this RAD Studio installer

• RADStudio_11_3_esd_28_13236.exe
  • RADStudio_11_3_28_13236a.iso

?

looks like EMBT have updated Borland.Studio.ToolsAPI.dll so our dll can’t load it anymore.

I used RADStudio_11_3_esd_28_13236.exe as a trial RAD Studio.

Hi,

Thanks.
Will install this RAD Studio build and review what is wrong

Hi,

weird, I have no issues with RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE14.dll and Delphi 11.3 v28.0.48361.3236:

Check RemObjects Everwood package in Installed Products:

Thanx for the update. We will look into fixing this installer issue for the next build. In the mean time, i assume you’re good to go and this is not a showstopper issue for you, after removing the key?

thanx,
marc

I just did fresh installation on Windows 11 22H2 VM, RAD Studio first, Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise, then Remobjects Oxygene. Same error pops up on RAD Studio boot splash screen.

Thanx for the additional info. This does indeed look like a installer bug…

We will look into fixing this installer issue for the next build. In the mean time, i assume you’re good to go and this is not a showstopper issue for you, after removing the key?