Error of building application using class library

When i trying build Island (Win32) application with using class library, i gets error:

Elements 9.1.99.2141, Windows 10 1551
classSharing.zip (10.7 KB)

While i get a different error, the problem seems to be that building a non-static library does not emit a .fx file with meta-data, as a static library does. i’m not sure if we have a project setting (that isn’t exposed) to toggle that, i’ll need to check with the rest of the team tomorrow. (either there’ll be a setting you can add to your project or we need to add one for the next buid()

in the mean time, your project builds ok for me if i change it to a static library (if that’s ok for you to keep working until i know more).

Thanks, logged as bugs://77942

It’s strange, because i have *.fx for dynamic library and i set it as reference for console application project.

Curious. it doesn’t generate one for me. can you send me the bin folder of the class library project that has it?

thanx,
marc

classSharing2.zip (268.5 KB)

Thanx, got int reproduced; the .fx not being copied seems a Windows vs Mac thing.

i now get

Target IslandLink:
                                Run: "/Users/mh/Code/Fire/Bin/Build/macOS/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lld" -flavor link "@obj/Debug//Windows//linkercmd"
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/RemObjects Software/Elements/RemObjects.Elements.Island.Windows.targets: error : libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::length_error: basic_string
                                Stack dump:
                                0.        Program arguments: /Users/mh/Code/Fire/Bin/Build/macOS/Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lld -flavor link @obj/Debug//Windows//linkercmd

Thanks, logged as bugs://77943

(77942 for the .fx not being emitted to /bin on Mac; 77943 for the linker error)

Other issue with exported types of class library for this example. When i change project type from “Static library” to “Library” my public class Person is not exported (console application project not see type Person and .dll not have exported functions). Then i switch on “Export all types” but this exportes even private class PersonEx (console application project not see type PersonEx but .dll export has functions referenced to PersonEx).

Hmm. your compiles fine for me, w/o any other changes, if i change the output type (Export All Types is set as “on”, for me, in the project you sent). but i’ll need to check with the team to see how exactly “Export All Types” is supposed to affect this, tomorrow).

bugs://77943 got closed with status fixed.

bugs://77942 got closed with status fixed.