Error on New Project (.2291)

I open Water 10.0.0.2291, I click on “New Project…” and get the error:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value)
at RemObjects.Fire.BaseLibrary.SBLSettingsStore.setString____forKey(String value, String key)
at RemObjects.Fire.App.NewProjectWindowController.saveDefaultPlatformAndLanguage()
at RemObjects.Fire.App.NewSomethingWindowController.filterChanged(Object sender)
at RemObjects.Fire.App.NewSomethingWindowController.b__1()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Running on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

curious. i had a few reports of this using internal builds made via a different build script/server, but never out in the wild from an official build. i will need to debug more. would it be possible that later this week i could remote to your computer via Team Viewer to have a look, if i cannot repro this here (which i expect to happen…)?

See conversation :

https://talk.remobjects.com/t/exception-when-creating-new-project-in-water/16475

George

Ah yes, that seems to be the same issue. is that still happening for you, with latest, too? Can j get more details about your System? what version of Windows, what version of .NET are you running?

Hi Marc

Have done a complete windows reinstall and still having the same issue when the new project dialog tries to load templates.

Microsoft Surface Book Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 Version 15.7.3
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.7.3+27703.2026
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.7.0305

RemObjects Elements 10.0.0.2291
RemObjects Elements (Oxygene, C# and Silver) for .NET, Cocoa, Java and Island.

Delphi 10.2, also, installed.

Kind regards

George