Error on RemoteDataAdapter Create Strongly Typed Dataset in design time after upgrade from v6 to v9

Hi,
I update the version from v6 to v9 recently for .NET but encountered this error when I trying to create Strong Typed Dataset via my remoteDataAdapter.

The requested service ‘RemObjects.DataAbstract.Designtime.IIDEIntegrationService’ has not been registered. To avoid this exception, either register a component to provide the service, check for service registration using IsRegistered(), or use the ResolveOptional() method to resolve an optional dependency.

What should I do? Please help. Thanks.

Hello

Please specify the following things:

1. Exact Data Abstract version installed
  2. Visual Studio version
  3. Exact issue reproduction steps

Thanks in advance

Hi,

1. Upgraded from RemObjects .NET 6.0.55.957 to 9.4.107.1363
  2. Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 11.0.50727
  3. The serverChannel active and been listening the request to port such as http://localhost:8000
    The open remoteDataAdapter by right click and choose “Create Strongly Typed Dataset”, error prompt.

Screen01Screen02

I’m afraid Data Abstract IDE integration won’t work in VS 2012 and below. This means that you can develop code and use components as usual but IDE context menus like this one won’t work anymore.

Your Visual Studio was not even listed as installation target when you installed Data Abstract.

1 Like

Alright, in this case I will try to use VS 2017. Does RemObject DataAbstract required to reinstall after install VS2017?

Yes. Registration in VS instances happens during Data Abstract installation process. So you need to run it to get DA registered in VS

Okay, thank you very much.

Hi, it’s working fine whenever I change to use in VS2017. Thanks!

Hi,

I’m having the same problem when trying to create the data set with strong type through remoteDataAdapter. This problem started suddenly, without any change in the development environment or code. My environment comes down to:

Abstract data version: 9.4.109.1377
Visual Studio Version: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 16.4.6
Devart: 7.13.1422.0

Please help. Thanks.