Event Sink for JS

Hi there

Sorry for this newbie question but…

…what would be the best way to implement some kind of PUSH logic in the HTML/JS client using RemObjectsSDK.js?
As far as I see there is no event sink !? Any examples around?

Thx & cheers,
Peter

We’ve implemented events support for RO/JS, it will be shipped in the upcoming release.

Here’s some info and code snippet http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/EventReceiver_Object

Thanks, great! Looking forward to this next release…

Peter — fwiw, you should already find this in the latest Gamma we out out on friday.

Are there any plans to to use the new html 5 websockets for events?

Are event sinks in plan for JSON in future versions ? (internet explorer).

or is there an other way for sending data evaluation messages or update errors from server to the client and im missing something ?

im seeing remobject is making great progress in documentation…
http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/Getting_Started_with_Data_Abstract_for_JavaScript
I hope will see this articles all completed in the near future.

Are there any plans to to use the new html 5 websockets for events?

Yes, we have this logged, but priority is low.

Are event sinks in plan for JSON in future versions ? (internet explorer).

We are considering expanding JSONMessage to match BinMessage. Btw, binary protocol now works in javascript apps for Win8. I didn’t check yet with standalone IE10, but sure it should work too.

Windows 8 is nice but in our company were still running hundreds of windows xp machines with ie 9.
also i have no control which browsers our customers are using.

I’ve restarted our internal conversation on this subject, so we’ll probably have better time estimation soon.

From what I see in the source code, there seem to be some support for event sinks. Is it complete? Any example? Any chance to get event sinks over websockets?

Hello

Please take a look at this sample:

c:\Users\Public\Documents\RemObjects Samples\RemObjects SDK for JavaScript\HTTP Chat

Atm RemObjects SDK doesn’t support WebSockets as a transport protocol.

Regards

Hey, just wanted to know if there’s news on that topic…