Failed to create UWP project in VS2015 Update3

IDE: VS 2015 Update3
Version: 8.4.96.2025
Target (If relevant): UWP
Description:

Try to create a new UWP empty project in VS2015 Update3, and got this error:

It seems like VS2015 Update3 has changed the namespace of Wizard class.

1 Like

Thanks, logged as bugs://75789

bugs://75789 got closed with status fixed.

@ck The log of 8.4.96.2029 shows this bug is fixed, but I can still repro it.

Yes I saw your reply the first time around, one of my colleagues will reply to you when they get to it, UWP is not my experience area.

Hello, James. It was really problem in templates for Update 3. I retested fixed issue with lates beta and Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. Unable to reproduce it here anymore. Maybe you can try to uninstall and install Elements freshly?

Hi ekaterina, I’ve tried to uninstall and install Elements 8.4.96.2029 refreshly but unfortunately the problem is still not resolved.
Could you tell me where the vstemplate file is placed? Maybe I can check that file.

After reinstall 8.4.96.2033, the problem is still not resolved on my computer.
Now I know all Elements VS template files and I can ensure the Elements is reinstalled cleanly with all template files updated.
So I try to fix it by myself…

The vs template file is at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\Hydrogene\Echoes\Windows Universal\1033\BlankApplication.zip\BlankApplication.vstemplate

I open it and compare it to the MS official one at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\CSharp\Windows Root\Windows UAP\1033\BlankApplication\BlankApplication.vstemplate

Here’s the difference and the cause of my problem:

The left one is Elements template file. I delete the red text block, and everything works again.

Logged as bugs://i63743.

bugs://i63743 was closed as fixed.