Fastreport dataset can't find any TDAMemDataTable

Hi,
I want to migrate Crystal Report to FastReport. But I found FastReport can’t find any TDAMemDataTable. It will difficult to using TfrxReport to design the report under Delphi IDE. Any suggestion? Or any other report that is recommend by RDA?

Hi Timothy

FastReport work fine with DA. To work in designer active your DAMemDataTable. TDAMemDataTable expose the DataSet property

Hi,
Under Delphi IDE, TDAMemDataTable can’t set in the TfrxDBDataset’s DataSet. So I can’t design the report under IDE mode. It needs to using coding to assign the properties to TfrxDBDataset’s DataSet.

fastreport

Hi,

Try to use TfrxDAComponents component from ...\Data Abstract for Delphi\Source\Unsupported\FastReport folder

Hi,
I installed it and tried it. It can’t work. Any sample can provide for my reference?

Hi,

check sample - 25562.zip (99.5 KB)
looks like TfrxDAComponents isn’t required anymore - table can be shown via TfrxDBDataset

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks. I checked your sample that is using the coding instead of drag & drop the fields if “DataSet” assign to dataset component. I will try to apply it.

One more thing, which once is prefer by your suggestion between Digital Metaphors ReportBuilder & FastReport? If ReportBuilder, it can using DA.

Hi,

up to your decision.
both engine work with DA

Noted with thanks.

Hi,
I started to doing the report migration. But I found it has the problem about subreport feature in FastReport. The reason is missing data dictionary. So I can’t doing the master-detail mapping in IDE. The following is the normal design in FastReport Designer. Any idea to create the data dictionary under IDE mode?

Hi,

can you create a simple testcase that reproduces this case with FastReport, pls?
you can upload it to support@ for keeping privacy

P.S. you can use sample DB from C:\Users\Public\Documents\RemObjects Samples\Database.

Hi,
Your demo sample also can’t show the data dictionary. Any solution to create the data dictionary?

Hi,

I’m not familiar with the latest changes in FastReport.
at least it worked as expected with FastReport v4 when I touched it in 2010.
so I need a testcase that illustrates the issue with required steps.

Hi,
Noted. I tried to prepare the testcase for your reference.

Hi,
Testcase sent to support’s email.
Thanks!

Hi,

everything works as expected:

workaround: specify m/d on DA level via wizard:

Hi Timothy

but, from your screenshot, is FR for .NET not Delphi. Right?

Hi,
No. It is FR for Delphi. I open your demo sample from FR v6 under Delphi 10.4.2.

Hi,

screenshots from FastReport for VCL. Delphi 11.

1 Like