[Fatal Error] '' is not a valid GUID value

(dressel) #1

I cannot move to 9.x. I just installed 9.3 to see if it would fix an old error and I still get the same compile time exception:

[Fatal Error] ‘’ is not a valid GUID value

The exception appears as quickly as quickly as the compile dialog is displayed.

I have exchanged emails in the past and always have been told to get the latest version. I have it. It didn’t fix it.

I need to get this working and I don’t know what to do.

Ed Dressel

(EvgenyK) #2

Can you specify a bit more details about it.

• what version of Delphi you are using
  • what unit and line generates it?

just for checking - under 9.3 you mean ?

[Fatal Error] '' is not a valid GUID value while upgrading to RemObjects Remoting SDK for Delphi -
(dressel) #3

Delphi RAD Studio Seattle and yes, RO

I’ve had this problem ever since 9.x was introduced.

The compile time exception does not occur in a unit. It seems to happen before the compiler gets started.

I am glad to arrange for someone to login and take a look at it.

(Also, am I supposed to be notified via email when someone replies to my post? I didn’t see anything).

Thank you,

Ed Dressel

(EvgenyK) #4

Can you show screenshot with this error, pls?
you can attach it here or drop email to support@ directly.

Is this error reproduced for any project or for one specific?
if you check your RODL for problems in Service Builder (Tools->Check library for problems), will it show any problems?

(dressel) #5

I emailed it but because my email domain has changed, it bounced.

Here is a link to a ZIP file including a sample project, image of it and a short MP4 of it occuring:

(EvgenyK) #6

Thx, I can reproduce this case if RO packages were created by installer using cmd line compiler (dcc32.exe).
If I recompile packages manually inside IDE - everything is OK.

Can you try to recompile BuildPackages_D23.groupproj manually inside IDE? will it solve the issue on your side?

(dressel) #7

Yes, that fixes it. Can you help me understand why? It looks like everything is compiled when it is installed. And is this something that is going to be fixed?

(EvgenyK) #8

good question.
I think, dcc32.exe uses .dpk for compiling and IDE uses .dproj and by some reasons they generate different code. I will investigate what is wrong

(RemObjects) #9

Thanks, logged as bugs://79373

(EvgenyK) #10

I’ve detected what is wrong: when C++Builder installation is detected, ROD packages are created by setup with RemObjects_OpenXML condition.
If packages are created manually in IDE, RemObjects_MSXML condition is used.
this is a reason for such failure.
I’ll fix wrong behavior for RemObjects_OpenXML mode.

(RemObjects) #11

bugs://79373 got closed with status fixed.