I tried searching in a simple console app, and it works as expected with both Solution and Project. Could you please check if this problem happens with some specific project for you? Are you able to search in some simple newly created project?
This is odd. The search is provided by VS, most probably we don’t do anything specific for it. May I ask you what happens with the same search for microsoft languages - Microsoft C# or VB? Do they provide you with proper results in Entire solution?
I also found a similar topic inthe stackoverflow where people in comments claim this bug still happens to them in VS2017 and 2019. They also provide some ways to solve it. Maybe it will help you: visual studio - Search stops working for "Entire Solution" - Stack Overflow
Please let me know if some of these helped with your problem.
Just came into the error now.
If I select *.pas;*.xml or *.* in File types, VS finds the occurences in the xml files, but not in the pas files.
It seems that VS skips the pas files when searching…
Trying again, it now doesn’t find the text in an xml source file!
Previously, it was in the xml files generated by the compiler (documentation).
So it seems that Find and Replace completely skips all the files in the oxygene projects.
Thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce the issue with latest VS2022 update. Previous versions worked fine. It looks they moved some API between dlls which causes the problem during runtime with finding some types. I am working on the fix now.