Fire IOS App - breakpoints now working

Hello,
I’m working on IOS App and I have problem with breakpoints - in one unit some breakpoints are working other not (breakpoint is active but debugger never stop there). I tried clean/build many times but without effect. I can’t send you test case because it is not simple project ( I have shared lib , lib and third party frameworks).
I removed all compiled obj manually, compiled once again (nothing has changed) :frowning: :frowning:
I’m using Fire from 4 march (11.0.0.2719) , unit is in Oxy language, physical device is IPhone X with IOS 15.2

I found that debugger is not working when :
I have one class with 2 virtual methods that are overrided in second class.
When i changed method name in second class and called it all works fine (when unit is added in app all works when it is linked from lib only change name works). :frowning:

What can I do to work normally - because debbuger is not working properly ?
Best regards
Mateusz

Are these just certain BPs that don’t work, or all? Do they show dark blue (resolved) or red (unresolved) while running?

Are you sure they are on lines that a supposed to be breakable (e.g. a simple line such as “var x: String;” would have no runtime-code, and a BP on it does not resolve). What happens if yo set a few more BPS on different lines in the same area?

Finally, can i see a sample of one of such BPs as full IDE screenshot, with an active debug session?

I found that debugger is not working when :
I have one class with 2 virtual methods that are overrided in second class.
When i changed method name in second class and called it all works fine (when unit is added in app all works when it is linked from lib only change name works). :frowning:

Does that repro in a simple test case?

Oh, and is this in Simulator or on device?

Does that repro in a simple test case?
No , I tried.

Oh, and is this in Simulator or on device?
device - wrote it in my first post.

Are these just certain BPs that don’t work, or all? Do they show dark blue (resolved) or red (unresolved) while running?
resolved(blue)

Are you sure they are on lines that a supposed to be breakable (e.g. a simple line such as “var x: String; ” would have no runtime-code, and a BP on it does not resolve).
What happens if yo set a few more BPS on different lines in the same area?
still not working

Logged as bugs://E25747.

I’ve logged an issue, but if may be honest, I think it will be highly unlikely that this will be actionable for the debugger team without something more concrete.

I will try to make some smaller test case, but not right now (it needs third party frameworks too and some dependency with my lib with shared)…
It is not simple to reproduce…

1 Like