Fire: macOS shortcut Ctrl-D doesn't work?

If I want to delete the character right to the cursor I expect Ctrl-D to do that, but it seems it doesn’t work in Fire?

is that a standard Mac thing? first thing I hear of it. will add. Fn-Delete will do the same thing, until then.

Done.

Yep. See this document:

Section “Document shortcuts”.

NB: Shortcut Fn-Delete is also mentioned, but I never use that one because those two keys are in a less comfortable place on a extended Mac keyboard (with numeric keys). And there are more handy shortcuts to consider like Ctrl-K.

1 Like

That’s Command-Backspace (Command-Fn-Delete). Added to Ctrl-K, and will review the others as well. Thanx!

Problem with adding too many if these redundant ones (like, there’s Ctrl+ sequences to replace the cursor keys. why?) is that is reduces the space we have for other shortcuts., and Fire uses Ctrl+[char] in many cases for refactoring-style shortcuts, like Ctrl+C in Oxygene to Complete Class, etc.

Ah oke. If the Fn would be on the left, like with the small Magic keyboard, that would be a good alternative, but with the different layout of the wider Magic keyboard with numeric pad, the Fn key is not that easy to use for shortcuts.

I understand you want to be careful with adding too much redundant shortcuts.

You don’t need the Fn key on the large keyboard, because you have a Backspace and a Delete key :wink:

in any case Ctrl+D, H and K are added for Friday’s build