Fire Problems (Unable to Login, Crash when opening Solution) [10.0.0.229x]

Installed Fire 10.0.2297 on my iMac (first time on this particular system).

Fire splash screen comes up when launched identifying that I haven’t logged in, with a “login or signup” button. But clicking this button has no apparent effect: I am not presented with any form of login UI and there is no error reported.

Ignoring the need to sign in, if I open an existing solution the main Fire UI briefly appears and then Fire crashes. I grabbed the report details in case they were of any use.

dump.txt.zip (24.4 KB)

NB. This dump is from opening a solution without having signed in, not from any failed/error in the login Ui/process (since I am not able to get that far).

fyi - I also tried with x.2293 instead from “stable” with the exact same result.

Removed 2297 and Installed 9.3.102.2211 and was able to login to obtain license.

Re-installed 10.0.0.2297 over the top (replace existing) which picked up my license/logged in state but gave the exact same crash behaviour when opening a solution.

Fire seems fine with a new project/solution so must be something about my project/solution. Is there a Fire log/trace file I can dig out to send you that might help identify what it is about the project/solution that is the problem ?

My solution contains 1 Android app project, 1 shared code project and a number of .Net projects (Asp.Net to be precise).

Fire 10.0.2293-7 / High Sierra, fully updated.

Sure that persists in 2301? there was a b ug there a couple weeks back but its fixed, but I;m not sure exactly what week, my gut tells me 2297 should already have that fix, but I might be wrong; 2299 or later should definitely have it, as I did. not fix it this week…

Strange. unfortunately no actionable info in that dump, none of the star frames are out code :frowning:

Yes, Fire should be logging infos to the Console, if you have Console.app running (filter for “Fire”). That might have more info both on the login screen issue and the crash.

Any chance I could have that project, to loo at and see if I can repro the crash here?

Was definitely still a problem with 2301. Unable to reproduce to test with 2305 as I cannot figure out how to completely uninstall Fire to the point where installing it again does not pick up the previously signed in credentials. Any clues ?

No problem with opening the solution in Fire now (2305) so perhaps something to do with the lack of license ? :shrug:

However, not able to build with the build complaining at not being able to locate the Android SDK despite it being confirmed as valid in the Preferences UI (i.e. CooperPaths)

Elements 2305 / Fire

The login? delete ~/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/Everwood/Everwood.plist

thats the same issue from the other thread, right? Can you run the ebuild copy I sent you there, on this Mac, and send me the output?

Everwood.plist

Will try deleting that .plist and try again. Tonight.

thats the same issue from the other thread, right? Can you run the ebuild copy I sent you there, on this Mac, and send me the output?

Maybe, although the output in the case of the other thread specially complained about not being able to find ...\platforms. This output simply reports that it cannot locate the Android SDK. I thought I had Fire set to diagnostic levels of build output (same as VS) but I could be mistaken in that recollection, so that might explain the different output.

Again, thanks pesky time zones, I won’t be able to check until later. :clock430:

1 Like

Ok, so non-responsive login button still appears to be a problem in 2305:

Screen Recording 2018-07-12 at 18.23.57.mov.mkv.zip (129.4 KB)

(h.265 / hevc video)

Have confirmed that build was configured for Diagnostic output level, but no mention in the log of checking for …\platforms, as in the case in the VS2015 problem. Only the message in the screen shot above.

Even at “Extreme” build detail, the only difference is a vast number of mono trace messages.

I’ll zip up my solution and pm it to @ck to investigate with.

How do I go about running the contents of the ebuild zip on a mac ? It was straightforward enough on Windows, but there’s only an ebuild.exe in the zip … ? Sorry if this is a newbie/dumb question.

You need mono, then it’s jsut a question of mono ebuild.exe <someproject>

weird. if you open Console.app before you try this, do you see any error messages or logs for Fire there?

if you open Console.app before you try this, do you see any error messages or logs for Fire there?

Yep, every time I hit the Login button I get an assertion failure and 2x private errors:

Curious…

Reproduced and fixed; was a recent regression from me pre-filling the username (if only the password was wrong/missing), but turns uout NSTextField really doesn’t like “nil” as value, if no user-name is set yet :wink: