Free Pascal / Lazarus

Hello,

What was the earliest version to support Free Pascal / Lazarus?

Thank you,
Brian Wheatley

Free Pascal/Lazarus are supported by Remoting SDK for Delphi for long time, but fpc support files weren’t shipped in trial.

RemObjects_Core.lpk fails to compile with Lazarus 1.6.4 / Free Pascal 3.0.2 with the following message:

RemObjects.inc (212,8) Error: Mode switch “DELPHI” not allowed here.

I installed Lazarus 1.6.4 / Free Pascal 3.0.2 on an older development box which has RemObjects SDK 6.0.55.957 installed and get a completely different error:

uRODECUtil.pas(25,56) Fatal: Cannot find BaseUnix used by uRODECUtil of package RemObjects_Core_Lazarus_Windows.

No idea why it is looking for anything Unix related when the package is marked as being for Windows.

Don’t suppose either of these will compile and run on WinCE?

hmm, it was compiled correctly in my version of Lazarus but it a bit outdated though:

probably they need to install the latest version of Lazarus and check

weird, those units are under MSWINDOWS define:

{$IFNDEF MSWINDOWS}{$IFDEF FPC}, BaseUnix, Unix{$ENDIF}{$ENDIF};

I tried installing Lazarus 1.6 / Free Pascal 3.0 on the older PC.

It looks like the MSWINDOWS issue was caused by the fact that the previous project I had opened in Lazarus was a WinCE project. Even though I chose “Close All” from the menu prior to opening the RemObjects core package it still had the WinCE defines / configuration.

So I tried creating a new Win32 project and that error message goes away.

Now I get “uROClasses.pas(476,25) Error: No matching implementation for interface method QueryInterface(…) found” when I try to compile RemObjects_Core_Lazarus_Windows (6.0.55.957). The latest version give me the exact same message as before even with the version of Lazarus / Free Pascal you had listed.

can you check that you haven’t are mix of RO versions (RO 6.x vs RO 9.x) on your pc?

The old PC has 6.x installed and the new PC has 9.x installed. I did copy the 9.x folder over to the old PC’s Documents folder and tried to compile it from there. But each PC only has one Delphi version installed (though both do have the matching .NET version).

looks like you have

{$DEFINE RemObjects_UseEncryption}    

in RemObjects.inc.
try to comment this and retest 9.x

RemObjects_Core and RemObjects_Server compiled successfully. However, when I installed the RemObjects_Server and rebuilt Lazarus the IDE refuses to open. It says that the Zlib.dll is missing. I do not see a package for compiling zlib.dll and a search of my hard drive does not turn one up either.

looks like you haven’t zlib1.dll.
this dll is required because RO uses ZLIB code.
you can grab it from CodeTyphon installation or I can uploaded that dll here.
CodeTyphon is another fork of Lazarus that is shipped with set of libraries.

I managed to track down a copy of zlib1.dll and everything is compiled and installed into Lazarus now.

Do I need to deploy zlib1.dll with my projects?

with Delphi you shouldn’t , but zlib unit in fpc requires this lib so you should.