GDB does not respond to features command, are you sure gdb is installed properly

Hi,
Im trying to debug .net core and I get this error

The process failed to start with the following error: System.Exception: GDB does not respond to features command, are you sure gdb is installed properly?
~> at RemObjects.Oxygene.MI.DebugEngine…ctor (RemObjects.Oxygene.MI.IDebugEngineSource aSource) [0x000a6] in :0
~> at RemObjects.Oxygene.CoreDebugEngine.MIDebugEngine.Start () [0x00274] in :0
~> at (wrapper native-to-managed) RemObjects.Oxygene.CoreDebugEngine.DebugEngine.Start(RemObjects.Oxygene.CoreDebugEngine.DebugEngine,System.Exception&)

Cheers,
John

Is this with latest, I believe I (hopefully) fixed that Monday or Tuesday (not 100% sure, because it’s an intermittent issue, and I have yet to repro exact steps, it just happens “sometimes”; but I haven’t see it again since some other fixes to the .NET Core debugging).

Usually restarting Fire fixed it for me.

Yes. I restarted a couple of times and was able to debug.

Duh, of course you can’t have latest yet, as this needs a new Fire build :wink:

Can you do a new build ? It seems to happen pretty regularly

Actually never mind I forgot today was friday :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems better. My first 3 attempts worked and then I got the same error.

Hmm, you still got the GDB error? that should be impossible with 2495 (it might still fail, not sure, but it should be with a different error, as that message was a n explicit try/catch that hid the real error, which I removed…)

I get this error

The process failed to start with the following error: System.Exception: Debugger terminated
~> at RemObjects.Oxygene.MI.DebugEngine.b (System.String a) [0x000a6] in <363c56ae36ee45f2812d166cb312863c>:0
~> at RemObjects.Oxygene.MI.DebugEngine…ctor (RemObjects.Oxygene.MI.IDebugEngineSource aSource) [0x0004c] in <363c56ae36ee45f2812d166cb312863c>:0
~> at RemObjects.Oxygene.CoreDebugEngine.MIDebugEngine.Start () [0x00274] in <8fcb4253579340078e3e6d206e2cde51>:0
~> at (wrapper native-to-managed) RemObjects.Oxygene.CoreDebugEngine.DebugEngine.Start(RemObjects.Oxygene.CoreDebugEngine.DebugEngine,System.Exception&)

Ok, “good”. that means the issue isn’t fixed yet, but at least we get the proper error now.

(Background: I fixed a couple of issues with race conditions in that codebase, but I wasn’t sure if that fix also covered this startup error, because I don’t have concrete steps when to see it, so one can only proof its still happening, not that its fixed ;). Will need to dig deeper, on Monday.