Getting schema list from server

Hello,

I am using the Fire IDE with rem C# trial against a relativity server on a Mac Sierra. I choose tools > Remoting > connect to relativity. I put in the server url and choose the domain. It them creates a file in the project. I then Right click on the file and choose generate string type dataclass and I put in the Data user name and password but it never loads the schema. It just says Connecting to Relativity and it does not bring in the schema. I go to my pc and do the same thing with a .net winform app to the same relativity server and it fails also.

Now I go to into visual studio and create a new winform data abstract project and choose relativity and it connects generates the schema and a project without error. I am now unsure is there something in relativity causing this or does the add-in for visual studio and in fire causing this?

Thanks,

Howie

I think something is wrong with relativity. I am going to completely remove it and start over. My reasoning is that I am running the mac server explorer and it was able to do everything like edit schema and display data. I then closed it and went back in to the server explorer and then it just crashed. I tries it again and it crashed. I then stopped the relativity server and now the mac server explorer does not crash, it is just trying to connect to the relativity server. (the relativity server if physically on a different computer). I then removed the relativity server from the mac server explorer and it looks like it is ready to connect to a new server. I will make a new simple server and see if this is the issue.

Thanks

Howie

I found that the PCTrade database sample works with .net using the tools > add relativity and it works in Fire. Once it is added I found you can right click on the relativity client and choose “Generate Data Access Class” and that does nothing in the Fire IDE. I also have the same issue with “Generate Strongly Type Data Table Classes” but with this you put in the Domain Login and Password and the schema never loads. It just says Getting Schema. I know this works as I can get the same sample database to work in .net.

Are there any examples on how to use Fire with rem C# to a simple Relativity server? In .net it generates the data module and I just add to that. Is there a sample of remobject DataModule on remobject c# that I can load with Fire? I tried to use my .net output in the Fire IDE with rem C# but it comes back with so many unknown name spaces and trying to match them up from one platform the another is not straight forward. I found the PCTrade xcode sample but that is the language that I am avoiding.

Thanks any help/direction you can provide,

Howie

FTR, this is the same issue as in the other thread, so no additional action needed here, right?

That is correct. Thank you.