GitBrowser for Linux (terminal not found)

Hi, nice to see you expanding to the Linux world!

I don’t like to complain, but I found an issue. Seems you are expecting a GNOME desktop at the users PC/notebook – I’m using KDE, so I get an error when trying to open a terminal for a repo:

UnhandledException - unhandled exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): An error occurred trying to start process ‘gnome-terminal’ with work
ing directory ‘/home/eugen/PhpstormProjects/3x365/’. Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
at System.Diagnostics.Process.ForkAndExecProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo, String resolvedFilename, String[] argv, String[] envp, String cwd, Boole
an setCredentials, UInt32 userId, UInt32 groupId, UInt32[] groups, Int32& stdinFd, Int32& stdoutFd, Int32& stderrFd, Boolean usesTerminal, Boolean throw
OnNoExec)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartCore(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at RemObjects.Fire.ProjectSystem.RunAndDebugHelpers.openTerminalAtFolder(String folder)
at RemObjects.Fire.ProjectSystem.RunAndDebugHelpers.openTerminalAtFolder(Url url)
at RemObjects.Fire.GitBrowser.GitBrowserWindowController.openWithTerminal(Object sender)
at RemObjects.Fire.GitBrowser.GitBrowserWindowController.b__21(Variant _)
at RemObjects.Fire.GitBrowser.GitBrowserWindowController.<>c__DisplayClass31.b__0(SimpleAction s, ActivateSignalArgs e)
at GObject.Signal`2.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.b__1(Value returnValue, Value[] parameters)
at GObject.Closure.InternalCallback(IntPtr closure, IntPtr returnValuePtr, UInt32 nParamValues, IntPtr paramValuesData, IntPtr invocationHint, IntPtr
userData)

This could be easily solved by a config option to enter a path to the terminal program (there are more then gnome-terminal and konsole, e.g. kitty and ghostty)

And please show errors to the user – don’t just close the program without further notice.

kind regards from an OpenSuse Tumbleweed user, Eugen

:folded_hands:

thanx! We’ll have a look at this and get this fixed ASAP (not for today’s buld though, that’s altaedy off to the press).

Agreed and agreed!

You’re in luck. An unrelated thing caused me to have to restart today’s builds, and this fix made it in!

Thank you for your fast response.

Unfortunately I now (after another download and install as your download page requested, reinstall ) get:

even with the new setting:

and a restart of the program gitbrowser.

What did I miss?

Not sure; this might be specific to your exact setup. What exact OS are you using?

The path that it mentions oas not found in the error message, is that correct and does it exist?

I’m told this is fixed for tomorrow’s update. :raising_hands: