Has anyone looked at the Bing Chat?

Unfortunately, I have retired from programming and don’t do any programming anymore. However, I was just looking at the new Bing Chat AI. That thing is a huge help when trying to generate a piece of code. Especially if you want to do something that you haven’t done before. Instead of get web search results and then trying to find the relevant ones, and then reading them and then trying to figure it out, you can have Chat just generate the code you need.

Which is why I’m posting here. It could generate C# code, and Python and Sql and Pascal, but didn’t seem to know anything about Oxygene or other Remobject’s languages. Has anyone looked into how to train it? Seems like it would be a great thing to be able to do. Probably even faster than doing the code yourself even if you know what you are doing.

Oops. I think I might be wrong. I tried again using “Remobject’s Oxygene” and it looks like it did some. I think I tried “Remobject’s Pascal” before.

If I generate C# code, I could just tell it “Convert that to Remobject’s Oxygene” and it DID IT. Don’t know how well it would work on more complicated code. But even the fact that I could do it was good.

I asked it “What are some popular programming languages?” Nothing list for RemObjects. too bad.

Has anyone looked at the Bing Chat?

What makes me deeply uncomfortable with this (same goes for ChatGPT and other offerings in that area) is that while until just now the trend was to make search engines that try to preserve your privacy (i.e Duck Duck Go, Brave’s search, etc), all these “AI”* chat systems require you to create an account and log in to use them? Why? And, no thanks.

That’s cool. im surprised, actually!

Sadly not surprised there.

(*not really AI, just ML)

PS: signed up for the “New Bing” anyways, but it seems insistent that I download Edge to use the “chat” functionality. Once again, no thanx ;).

I’ve actually started playing with ChatGPT a bit more, largely prompted by this, and I’m shocked to find that it knows about Oxygee, can create Oxygene classes or methods on request, and even do some decent analysis (including finding typos and actual potential logical bugs) when provided with Oxygene code. :exploding_head:

Consider this an area of active interest ;).