Having trouble with Packages from NuGet

I am not sure why this is not working for me. I have targeted my app for WPF NetCore Windows Desktop. I have installed the 6.0.100 Preview 3.21202.5 SDK. My Targetframework is net6.0-windows. The base references look fine. They are Microsoft.NETCore.App.Ref:[3.0,6.0.0-preview.3.21201.3] and Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App.Ref:[3.0,6.0.0-preview.3.21201.3]. I am able to download and install the EF Core prerelease 6.0.0-preview.4.21253.1. When I try to install the SqlServer component this fails with a message of “Could not install package ‘Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI.runtime 2.1.1’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘net6.0’, but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.” This same process works fine with a Visual C# project targeting .NET 6. Additional question: Does Elements Oxygene support package references instead of Packages.config?

I have just tried using Water to do the same thing and that seems to be allowing it and using the Nuget cache. Water is working better than visual studio in regards tot he project. Way to go water.

Glenn,

sorry for the delayed reply. This is a known issue with VS not using the proper mechanism to add NuGet package reference the way EBuild wants them, It’s on the list to be addressed soon, until then using Water to add references tis the best option (you can, if you prefer, use VS for the rest of the work, after the refs have been added).