How can I prevent client timeout when debugging a server?

I’m debugging our RO server app and stepping through server code a line at a time, and I want to prevent my client, which is also running, from timing out.

The client is producing a Winsock 10053 error after around 90 seconds of breakpoint inactivity.

We are using SuperTcpChannel and have already maxed out the normal client timeout settings
and our server has been prevented from timing out, by maxing out SessionDuration.

The following properties are maxed out on the client and do not prevent Winsock 10053:
AckWaitTimeout, ConnectionWaitTimeout, ConnectionTimeout, RequestTimeout,
IdleTimeoutMinutes, SkipAck = true, AutoReconnect = true

We believe at this point that it may be out of our control to prevent the winsock timeout error – does anyone know if there is a workaround?

---------------------------
Debugger Exception Notification
---------------------------
Project MyClient.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message 
'Socket Error # 10053 Software caused connection abort.'.

Thank you
Mike

Please note that my last post in a different thread resolved SERVER timeout issues. This thread is requesting help with CLIENT timeout issues. They are not the same.
Thank you

Could this be an Indy issue and not an RO issue?
Who supports the composite RO+Indy components?

Hello,

I can’t reproduce the situation on Delphi XE DA 6.0.51.901 . What value has RequestTimeout of TROSuperTCPChannel instance? Set it to very big value.

You could also send us simple testcase, that could help to understand the problem

Best regards

RequestTimeout is set to 3600000 (1 hour). I can’t setup a test case, it would take too long. I was hoping someone had run across this situation before and could help.

So let me ask you, maybe this isn’t an RO setting problem – are you saying that setting RequestTimeout should prevent the client from timing out when debugging on the server? If so, then this problem may be coming from our own code.

I need to clarify:

When I get a connection timeout - I was assuming that it could come from either the client or the server. But maybe I was wrong.

Is it true that connection timeouts only come from the server?

Hello,

When I get a connection timeout - I was assuming that it could come from either the client or the server. But maybe I was wrong.

Is it true that connection timeouts only come from the server?

Of course, timeouts could happen on the server and on the client. For example : RequestTimeout (property of TROSuperTCPChannel) means that client didn’t get answer from the server in specified time, it happens on the client.

You could check how timeouts work on a simple testcase - create VCL standalone server with the help of our template, set TROSuperTCPServer in Advanced options of project template, And do some experiments with timeouts while debugging server.

Best regards

Will do. Thank you very much!