How to build .net 6 console application using docker

Hi, I am developing a simple console application with .net 6 and this application will connect to my Delphi server using IpSuperTcpClientChannel. On my development machine (windows 10), I installed the RemObject SDK for .Net and added the RemObjects.SDK package from version 10.0.0.1559 through Nuget to my project. Everything worked perfectly.
However, I need to build and deploy this application and for this I use docker containers together with Jenkis. When executing the dotnet restore command I got the error “error NU1101: Unable to find package RemObjects.SDK. No packages exist with this id in source(s): nuget.org”.
I tried to find a RO installer for Linux to install in my build machine but without success.
So, how do I build this application using my build machine?

We do not currently provide our packages in a public NuGet repository, I’m afraid.

I don’t have much experience with using dotnet to create docker images. what I just do, usually, is buld my app locally and then use a docker file such as this in the ./Bin folder, to build the docker image:

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:7.0 AS build-env
WORKDIR /MyProject
COPY . .
ENTRYPOINT ["dotnet", "MyProject.dll"]

hth,
marc

Hi, thanks for reply,
I think I wasn’t clear enough. All I need is to build my console application on a Linux machine. I don’t have much experience with nuget packages and .net applications, but what I’m trying now is to add the package C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Packages\RemObjects.SDK.10.0.0.1559.nupkg to the nuget sources in my Linux machine and then try running the dotnet command again.

Well, it works. I did the following:
1 - I added the file C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Packages\RemObjects.SDK.10.0.0.1559.nupkg to my source code;
2 - On my build machine, after finishing the checkout, I run the command:

dotnet nuget add source <FOLDER_WITH_nupkg> -n ‘RemObjects’

3 – Run dotnet build normally

But I’m a little confused about the license. In my Delphi projects I need to load the license file for everything to work. Are there no license restrictions in .NET projects?

Cool!

Licenses are not enforced on the compile level (for Delphi, or for .NET Core). if you have the dlls (or nupkg, or dcus/pas in Delphi’s case), you can build, and we trust you to be properly licensed :).

(Classic .NET used .NET’s compile-time licensing system, with licx, but that’s deprecated for .NET Core).