How to consume RO Web Services from ASP.net

Hi, i am new to RO.

Currently there is a RO SOAP Server in my customer server and one of the services call ‘listStock’ with a parameter iFlag integer. My task is to use ASP.net Data grid to call this services and display the record return from this web services.

According to your online document, consume RO SOAP Services not necessary to install any RO SDK. Would like to check,from where i can get the sample of code / project which can show me how to consume RO SOAP in .net ?

does any one success create .net client without using any SDK to consume RO Web SOAP Services ?

Hello

If your RO SOAP server uses Document/Literal settings (this is the .NET requirement) when you should be able to import this server’s wsdl as a WebService in Visual Studio from server address like ‘http://servername:8099/soap

Then you can consume methods of this service and you would do for any other web service.

Regards

not simple like that. have try it, you need to have session, Client ID… and i don’t know what other thing needed …

that is why i prefer to have a working sample to show how it work.

Believe the server site also need to handle the session manager and other… i though the RemObject server by default
should have all this in place ? and the Server by default just add in BIN message, why not by default all the message JSON,SOAP all included in the server project.

Sample worktable client / server project, any ? please.

Ah, so you have no server application at this moment and need it too? Then could you say please

• Do you require authentication at the RO SDK server side?
  • What data structure should be returned from the RO SDK server side?

Due to integration with my existing customer software, my company willing to invest into RO but before that, we need to check in detail what RO can do. Hence, my task is in R&D on RO. Since we have no problem using RO SDK in normal, the next step is to get ready with the 3rd party client consume the RO SOAP / JSON services. That is why i need to create all thing from zero, include the server and client.

to answer your question:

1. Yes, definitely required authentication at Server side.
  2. The RO server will be responsible to call store procedure and return a dataset ( sqlDataAdapter… ). All the while my company is using ASP.net Web API, each services will return different data to the client. in ASP.net Web API, we need to define the data structure in ‘class’ and the same class need to be create on client when calling the services. I am not sure how about RO.

*** and due to future NLB, i prefer to use session in database to support Web Farm.

Thanks in advance.

1. When using raw RO SDK you’ll need to define returned data structures too
  2. You might also look at Data Abstract where it is easier to perform data access/update operations and send/receive datasets. For 3rd party integration it is possible to expose data in JSON format.

Btw which platform do you want to use for server app - .NET or Delphi?

We ship OlympiaServer - an out-of-process session manager. Also there is a sample shipped with RemObjects SDK where a db-based SessionManager is used.

Also please take a look at this thread: